A clean and beautiful swimming pool is always a joy to behold. Apart from the sense of calmness and serenity it gives, it also adds beauty and architectural masterpiece to the compound. A dirty swimming pool not only puts off the viewer, it is also dangerously unhealthy. Maintaining a pool can be easy if you have the right equipment to clean it. However, it has been a very challenging issue for a lot of pool owners. This is either because they don’t have the right equipment to do the cleaning or they don’t know the right way to go about it. If you are in either of this category, this article is solely for you.
Let me then introduce to you to a swimming pool cleaner that might be the solution to your pool maintenance problems – The Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 pressure side pool cleaner. This pressure side swimming pool cleaner is exquisite, easy to use, provides very great vacuum power and cleans the pool in about three hours.
The Polaris Vac can work in all in ground pools no matter the shape, depth or size. This special pressure pool cleaner scrubs and cleans the floor and also the sides of the swimming pool.Polaris 280 pressure side pool cleaner needs a booster pump, this is because it operates solely by the venturi effect. This effect is created by the double jets which result in greater vacuum power and thereby cleaning the pool faster, say about three hours.
Key Feature of Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner
Polaris is a reputable brand with high value. The Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 pressure side pool cleaner, one of their amazing products, have some very important features. Let us look at some of these features;
- The Polaris 280 needs a booster pump. This is mainly because it operates on the venturi effect. It requires pressure to operate and so the need for booster pumps.
- It has double jets. These jets create the venturi effect which results in greater vacuum power and by so, cleaning the swimming pool faster.
- Works in all pools no matter the depth, size or shape.
- It is designed with a one-chamber filter bag. This bag captures debris in the including leaves, acorns, and some other small to large debris.
- This filter bag then removes debris before they get to your pump basket or filter.
How Does It Compare?
Here, we will compare the Polaris Vac-sweep 280 pressure side pool cleaner to some other similar products.
We’d consider pressure side pool cleaners from the same manufacturer- Polaris 3900 Sports, Polaris 380 and Polaris 360.
Let us consider the number of cleaning jets. While Polaris 280 has dual cleaning jets, Polaris 380, 360 and 3900 sports have three jets. This extra jet explains why the others have stronger cleaning vacuum and thereby cleaning the pool faster.
All these pool cleaners require a booster pump except Polaris 360. This makes it quite easier to operate than Polaris 280.
In summary, all four Polaris products are effective although, for very big pools, Polaris 3900, 380 or 360 might be the best bet. For smaller pools, though, Polaris 280 is very effective.
The Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 pressure side pool cleaner has lots of advantages. Let us consider a few of them,
- It is relatively fast. It cleans the pool in less than three hours.
- Cleans the floor of the pool and also the sides.
- Highly effective and reliable.
- Works in all in ground swimming pools no matter the size, depth or shape.
- It is relatively cheap when compared to other similar pool cleaners.
The few disadvantages of The Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 pressure side pool cleaner includes;
- The Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 pressure side pool cleaner spare parts are quite expensive.
- Polaris 280 is not overly durable. Lasts for 3-7 years.
- It is quite complex to install.
Polaris 280 Review
The Polaris Vac is a very unique and dependable pressure side pool cleaner that works great on inground as well as cleans the above ground pool like professional. Let us consider some criteria that make its special.
Specification: The Polaris Vac-sweep 280 pressure side pool cleaner is designed for thorough pool cleaning using the pressure effect. With this, the pressure cleaner requires a booster pump. This pool cleaner has a product dimension of 20 x 23 x 10 inches, making it quite handy.
Efficiency: The Polaris Vac-sweep 280 pressure side pool cleaner is highly efficient. The pool cleaner thoroughly cleans the pool floor, walls, and steps. On the average, it cleans the whole pool, no matter the depth and shape, in less than three hours. This makes it one of the fastest automatic pool cleaners available.
Operation: Although Polaris 280 is quite tricky to install, it is easy to use. With the usage instructions clearly explained in the user manual, the pool cleaner doesn’t need serious monitoring during operation.
Durability: The durability of this pool cleaner has raised eye-brows in recent years with some users complaining that it packs up and stops working after few years. Despite this, Polaris has been estimated to last for quite a long time, say 5-10 years.
Warrantee: Polaris pool cleaner has a warranty of two years.
Accessibility: Polaris cleaner is readily available for purchase both online and conventional stores.