Polished concrete is an amazing flooring choice for industry, factory, commercial places, and retail stores. Commercial contractors, business-holders, and house-holders prefer to choose polished concrete because of its quality. Although it is durable and cheap-maintenance, it is feasible to mischief this typed flooring and infrastructure. But, how to remove stains from polished concrete floors or how can you keep your polished concrete floors clean?
However, polished concrete floors are technically easy to maintain and keep clean for when compared to other types of flooring, for instance, carpet but these require the daily and careful attention of cleaning.
But, the good side is that, though polished concrete floors are not maintenance-free, they generally are cheaper to manage than other decorative concrete floors. To mention, stain protectors are the last and final layer to prevent damage to polished concrete floors.
What are the types of concrete?
Generally and overall, concrete is two types. The one is; ‘Unpolished Concrete’ and the other is; ‘Polished Concrete’.
- Unpolished concrete is a type of concrete that is rough, non-shiny, and very tough to keep clean. It has a lack of polished clean surface and marble-like beauty. Unpolished concrete dyes much more easily than polished concrete that’s why cleaning of unpolished concrete is much rougher.
- Polished concrete is another type of concrete that is more popular with people and use in the aspect of industrial and commercial buildings. Nowadays, many householders also use polished concrete. It is a more popular option for people because of its less possibility to dye. Though it also gets stained and scratched, it has various facilities.
Why Polished Concrete is more preferable?
There are several reasons why polished concrete is more preferable. Polished Concrete has a lot of benefits rather than unpolished concrete and it is easy to clean and maintain.
The reasons behind:
- Polished concrete floors can be cleaned easily and simply with damp and dry mopping.
- Maintenance is easy and simple.
- Fibers, grouts, or joints can’t trap dirt.
- This type of concrete is resistant to abrasion in a technical way if it is sealed properly.
- Polished concrete floors are pet-friendly and they are easy to clean up after dirty paws.
What do you clean polished concrete floors with?
Polished concrete can be cleaned up in several ways like ‘Abrasive cleaning, Water cleaning, and Chemical cleaning’. Now, the question is how to remove stains from polished concrete floors? Though polished concrete can get stained, there are also many ways, to clean stained concrete and, to make it look new again. Let’s get at able to know descriptively.
Daily routine methods to clean the polished concrete floors:
Daily routine methods are the best way to keep your polished concrete clean and shiny. Though you are so busy in this technological world, try to maintain a routine to clean up your polished concrete to get better-looking.
- Sweep your concrete regularly at least for once.
- Mop concrete every day to maintain the mandatory deep cleaning to a minimum.
- A neutral pH mop cleaner can eradicate small and dirty spots.
- Try to use a vacuum cleaner and it is very much effective to abolish the small and dirty spots of the corner and other areas that are difficult to mop.
- Dry mopping is more preferable to remove debris and dirt and to obstruct abrasion.
- Damp mopping is also important to clean concrete with water and mild detergent. Microfiber Cleaning Pads are also recommended to use.
- Try to use a sealer to safeguard the flooring.
Cleaning according to various aspects of stains and scratches:
Stains, scratches, or spots whatever we say, these vary from material to material and element to element. Some are so hard nut to crack to be cleaned, some are much more flexible. The source of a spill infers the method of cleaning polished concrete.
- Water spots: A high-speed rotary burnishing machine is more adaptable to eradicate water spots. But, to erase stubborn spots and scratches, dilute ProsocoLSGuard in a 1:10 ration with water and lightly mist should be used properly and it creates a good-looking shine.
- Candy, Chocolate, and Tire Marks: To clean this type of spots which spill out from candy and chocolate, ProsocoDailyKlean and Prosoco Cleaner/Degreaser must be used in a 1:10 ratio. Thus, polished concrete gets rid of dirt and spots and be more shiny-looking.
- Acidic Materials: Acidic substances like Mustard, Milk, Pickles, and Cola should be cleaned as soon as possible. Because these etch floor quickly. Fresh Water or ProsocoDailyKlean concrete cleaner is more preferable to eradicate acidic materialistic spots.
- Adhesives and Gum: adhesives and Gum are more outrageous to destroy polished concrete. To remove these types of spots, Prosoco Wax and Cure Remover are very much good at performance.
- Alkaline Substances: There are many materials like laundry doup and ammonia which are alkaline substances and which also fade the majestic color of polished concrete. ProsocoDailyKlean and ProsocoLSGuard get used in an influential way to clean polished concrete.
- De-Icing Salts, Heel Marks: These are also liable to make polished concrete dirty. Try to use ProsocoDailyKlean to remove the deposits.
- Grease, Oil, Brake Fluid: Oil and Brake Fluid turn pale polished concrete ASAP; so, try to use Prosoco Cleaner or Prosoco Degreaser at a 1:10 ration with water.
In conclusion, nowadays, polished concrete floors are not only used in industrial or business buildings but also used in many residential buildings and mansions. For this reason, its correlative products and materials are being popular to the people day by day. So, as a caring human being, everyone should know how to maintain polished concrete floors.