The research for the content comes from Amazon and the manufacturer websites. Reviews of customers are considered for the best vacuum for pet hair. Information from the sites is the basis of the content and should be used as a guide. Though some products may have some defects, they are the opinions of the customers.
Owning a pet can be one of the best things in life, but their hair can get everywhere. That’s why it’s a good idea to invest in a pet hair vacuum to take care of the extra hair that gets all over the place. Knowing the best pet hair vacuum can save you from the pain of owning a pet.
A pet hair vacuum is similar to a regular vacuum, but the suction power is more than a regular vacuum. Pet hair can clump into piles inside the carpet where regular vacuums can’t reach them. The suction power of a pet hair vacuum is stronger than a regular vacuum, and they can store more hair than a regular vacuum.
A regular vacuum may clog up with pet hair, but a pet hair vacuum won’t clog up with the hair. Finding the right pet hair vacuum has a lot of different features to it. You can find the right one for your pet to keep your house hair-free.
- 1 Top 7 Best Vacuum for Pet Hair Reviews in 2020
- 1.1 1. Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional
- 1.2 2. Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Pet Vacuum
- 1.3 3. Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor Vacuum
- 1.4 4. Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light
- 1.5 5. Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Cleaner
- 1.6 6. iRobot Roomba 770 Robot Cleaner
- 1.7 Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Vacuum for Pet Hair
- 1.8 Final Words
Top 7 Best Vacuum for Pet Hair Reviews in 2020
The Shark Navigator is the first choice due to its ability never to lose suction. It has a detachable and portable canister for easy cleaning. Shark Navigator won’t produce allergens, and it is easy to use. It works on carpets and hardwood floors and switches between them without effort.
- Lightweight vacuum
- Extra-large capacity portable canister
- Lifts easily for cleaning above the floor
- Doesn’t lose suction
- Anti-allergen complete seal
- HEPA certified
- Dust-away attachment
- Two microfiber pads
- Switches between carpet and hardwood
- Doesn’t need a switch between hardwood and carpet
- Swivel steering for control throughout the home
- Easy to maneuver throughout the house
2. Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Pet Vacuum
Hoover is one of the most popular brands on the market. They make a variety of vacuums clean any home. Their pet hair vacuum is one of the better ones on the market, with great functions and a good price. The features of the vacuum make it an excellent vacuum for pet hair.
- Fold down handle provides convenient storage
- The cord rewinds automatically into the vacuum
- Long cord for longer reaches
- Brush-roll shutoff pedal switches from carpet to hard floors
- The system check indicator lets you know when filter needs to be cleaned
- HEPA and carbon filters installed on vacuum
- Extra attachments allow you to maximize your cleaning
- Easy to clean attachments
3. Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor Vacuum
The Bissell PowerEdge will capture any dirt and debris that a dustpan and broom will get. The dust and debris shift into the center of the suction path. The suction has a V-shape to capture the most amount of debris. It will clean the edges and baseboards without attachments.
- Captures debris along tight spaces and edges
- No need for extra attachments
- V-Shape directs debris to the center suction
- Works on low-pile rugs and around furniture legs
- Swivel head to maneuver around furniture easily
- Dirt cup removes easily for cleaning
- Long power cord for large areas of vacuuming
- It can work on hard floors without attachments or switches
4. Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light
The Shark Rocket pet vacuum has a unique design, and it has a powerful suction. It cleans bare floors thoroughly, and the swivel steering makes it easy to control. Shark rocket can turn into a handheld vacuum for smaller piles of pet hair. It has a lot of accessories for cleaning any debris.
- It won’t lose any suction or power while in use
- LED headlights on the floor nozzle and handheld vacuum for easy to see cleaning
- Advanced swivel steering for easy maneuvering
- It has the versatility to clean any area of the house
- Motorized brush provides deep cleaning action for pet hair
5. Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Cleaner
The Hoover Linx uses WindTunnel Technology to provide powerful suction. The vacuum is cordless for convenient multiple room cleaning. It has an interchangeable Lithium-Ion battery to give you sustained cleaning. It cleans close to walls and edges as well. The wide mouth will pick up any large debris on the floor.
- It is cordless and bag less
- It uses WindTunnel Technology for maximum suction
- Interchangeable Lithium-Ion battery for extended power
- Auto-height adjustment
- Motorized power brush turns off with a switch
- Edge-cleaning bristles make baseboards easy to clean
- Dual-tanks for keeping cleaning solution and dirty water separate
- Powerful motor with removable brushes to clean easily
- Wide-mouth can grab a lot of dirt and debris
6. iRobot Roomba 770 Robot Cleaner
Self-cleaning vacuums are becoming more popular, and Roomba has been an innovator in automatic vacuums. This vacuum has a concentrated cleaning ability to clean up any debris in its way. It will detect where dirty areas are and will focus on them to clean. It will pick up any fine pet hair on the floor.
- iAdapt Navigation uses sensors to find any debris
- Adapts to any furniture that’s moved around
- Uses a three-stage cleaning system
- It agitates, brushes, and suctions floors
- The Dirt Detect system finds any dirty areas and focuses on them
- It runs on a schedule that’s preset
- Automatically docks and recharges
- Adapts to any floor
Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Vacuum for Pet Hair
Pet Hair Vacuum Capacity
The capacity of the best pet hair vacuum is significant depending on the pet you have. If you have a shaggy pet that sheds a lot, a large capacity vacuum would be the best. You don’t want to keep emptying a vacuum while you’re sucking up the pet hair. If you have a pet that doesn’t shed a lot, but you want to keep hair off your clothes and furniture, a smaller capacity vacuum would work. You should consider how much your pet sheds before you purchase a pet hair vacuum. It doesn’t make sense to have a large capacity vacuum for a light shedding pet.
The suction power is the difference between a good pet hair vacuum and an excellent one. If you have to keep going over the same parts of your furniture because your vacuum can’t handle the hair, you need more power. The power depends on how much your pet will shed and how much you need the suction power. The higher the suction power, the better it will pick up pet hair. If your pet doesn’t shed a lot, a lower powered suction would be okay for you. You need to put your pet into your considerations, especially when looking for the right vacuum.
Corded or Cordless?
Depending on how your home layout is, you should consider if a corded or cordless vacuum will be better for you. If you have a smaller home, like an apartment, a corded vacuum will suffice for you. If you have a house and need to vacuum a large amount of floor space, the cordless vacuum will be better. You don’t want to try and navigate around the house with a corded vacuum, especially if you own a lot of furniture. The areas you want to vacuum will be a deal breaker for the type of vacuum you want.
Bagged or Bagless?
A bagged pet hair vacuum cleaner means you will have to dispose of the bags into the garbage. They will take up a lot of space, but prevent you from having to touch the pet hair when you need to throw it away. A bag less vacuum cleaner is ideal for taking the pet hair and discarding it into the trash without adding more bags to your trash. It can be a personal preference for what you are trying to do with the vacuum. The bag less feature is convenient. The bagged vacuums are ideal for keeping all your pet hair in one bag.
Full-Sized or Handheld?
The size of the vacuum is essential to your living situation. If you have an apartment, the smaller vacuum will be perfect for cleaning up everything. The full-sized vacuum can cover a lot of ground in no time. The full-sized vacuum will clean up different areas of your house and will have a higher suction power, but they may be more expensive. The handheld vacuums are ideal for apartments that don’t have a lot of furniture to navigate. The handheld is easier to maneuver over the areas where pet hair has clumped together.
Canister or Upright Vacuums?
A canister vacuum will contain all the pet hair in a single area. The upright vacuum has different parts to suction the pet hair in through various parts. The only transport of the hair from the mouth to the bag or collecting area. It is a simple vacuum that doesn’t require you to find any clogs in the different vents of the vacuum. The upright vacuum will stand alone and will need to be pushed around. The larger upright vacuums are ideal for covering a lot of ground without the need to empty to the container as often.
HEPA Air Quality Feature
Finding the best vacuum for pet hair that has the HEPA air quality certification means you can run the vacuum without emitting any dangerous gasses. Dandruff from pet hair will not escape the vacuum either, which means fewer allergies. Some vacuums emit some odors from the motors that can be dangerous to inhale, but the HEPA air quality control can prevent that from happening. The air quality feature is important to ensure you don’t breathe any harmful gasses that the vacuum may emit. If a vacuum doesn’t have the HEPA certification, you may want to look for other ones that are certified.
The filtration system has a lot to do with the amount of dust and particles shoot out from the vacuum. A good filtration system shouldn’t let out too much dust or particles, and the filter should be changed when it needs to be. The filtration system will prevent allergies from becoming worse and most of the dust and particles will be sent to the collection area. If a filter is too dirty, the dust and particles can shoot out into the air, causing you a lot of problems. A good filtration system will let you know when the filter needs to change.
Owning a vacuum with a lot of attachments will come in handy. You can have attachments that will give you an edge to get around stubborn corners. Other attachments include an extension so you can reach difficult places. Depending on your living area, you should find the vacuum with the right attachments for you. If you need one that will suck up hair off a hardwood floor, a brush with a suction center will be the best option. You will need to know your home before you decide on which attachments will benefit you the most.
There are a lot of different best vacuums for the pet hair. I recommend the Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light Upright Vacuum because of the versatility of the vacuum. Since it can be used as a regular upright vacuum and a handheld vacuum, you can clean more around your house. The different attachments allow you to clean hard to reach places and make sure they’re clean. It is an excellent vacuum that will do everything you need it to and more. It is a powerful vacuum that will clean any part of your house. Any pet fur laying around will be sucked up and keep your house allergy-free.