Vacuum is a cleaning device used by millions of people as it is easy to use and makes cleaning easy and quick as well. Well, one thing to note though is that there are various brands offered in the market to choose from such as multi- purpose vacuum cleaner, minimal vacuum cleaners suitable for surfaces such as the carpet and hardwood.
On the other hand, other cleaning vacuums are designed for the laminate floor as such floors require a lot of care when cleaning so ensure that you don’t damage them. Here, we review top 10 best vacuum for laminate floors that will keep your home surfaces clean, great looking.
Top 10 Best Vacuum for Laminate Floors in 2021 Comparison Table
- 1 Top 10 Best Vacuum for Laminate Floors in 2021 Comparison Table
- 2 10 Best Laminate Floor Vacuums Review
- 2.1 1. Tineco A11 Hero Cordless Vacuum
- 2.2 2. Shark Rocket DuoClean Laminate Floor Vacuum
- 2.3 3. Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum for Laminate Floors
- 2.4 4. ILIFE V5s Pro Robot Vacuum Mop Cleaner
- 2.5 5. BISSELL CrossWave Hard Floor and Carpet Cleaner
- 2.6 6. BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop
- 2.7 7. Bissell Power Edge Hard Floor Vacuum Cleaner
- 2.8 8. Eureka Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum for Laminate Floor
- 2.9 9. Dirt Devil Power Air Corded Bagless Stick Vacuum
- 2.10 10. Sanitaire SC3683B Commercial Canister Vacuum
- 3 What to Look for in a Laminate Floor Vacuum
- 4 Laminate Floor FAQs
- 4.1 Why Laminate Floors Need Special Vacuum Cleaner and What Features are Good or Bad?
- 4.2 Is It OK to Vacuum Laminate Floors?
- 4.3 How Do I Clean Human Hair and Pet Hair on My Laminate Floor?
- 4.4 Is Dyson Good for Laminate Floors?
- 4.5 Can You Use a Shark on the Laminate Floor?
- 4.6 Does Roomba Work on Laminate Floors?
- 4.7 Do Robot Vacuums Scratch Laminate Floors?
- 4.8 Should I Wet Mop Laminate Flooring?
- 4.9 What can be Done to Prevent Floor Scratches?
- 4.10 How Do You Keep Laminate Floors Clean and Shiny?
- 5 Final Words
10 Best Laminate Floor Vacuums Review
1. Tineco A11 Hero Cordless Vacuum
Tineco cordless vacuum features with lithium battery powers this vacuum for up to 50 minutes without needing to be recharged. The battery charges even when removed from the vacuum, increasing the vacuum’s autonomy.
The Tineco A11 features a powerful motor that gives it powerful sucking capabilities to get rid of different kinds of dirt on any type of floor. The motor is quiet and does not disturb the house when in use. Its brushes are versatile providing the needed care for the kind of floor the vacuum is used on.
The Tineco A11 is lightweight for easy lifting to clean walls and ceilings without straining the user’s muscles. It suctions up dust and filters it through Tineco’s trademark filtration system which also releases non-allergenic fresh air without releasing the dust trapped in its dust bag. The Tineco A10 also comes with added accessories like a crevice tool to get into those hard to reach corners and edges in the house.
- It is lightweight making it suitable for use when cleaning walls and ceilings.
- Has a 4-stage filtration system to trap dust and allergens.
- Dust bag which can be quickly released and emptied out.
- Cordless, increasing its maneuverability.
- It features a powerful but silent motor for maximum suction and comfort.
- Does not stand upright.
2. Shark Rocket DuoClean Laminate Floor Vacuum
This vacuum features Shark’s DuoClean technology where there is a bristle brush that targets tougher stains and is good for deep cleaning thick carpets and a softer brush that polishes the floors. It is equipped with a hair removal tool that can be used to detangle the brushes from pet fur and other types of hair.
There is a garage on the vacuum where the brushes can be stored and retrieved easily during cleaning. It also comes with a variety of accessories: a pet tool which can suction up pet fur from any surface and a crevice tool that cleans on the edges of the wall and in corners. To guide the user when cleaning the vacuum features powerful LED lights that shine ahead.
To attach the extra accessories, you need to press a button located at the top of the vacuum wand so that the handle lifts and you can connect your desired accessory. The Shark Rocket DuoClean is very lightweight, making it very suitable for cleaning up and down walls without straining the user.
- A variety of brushes for cleaning thick surfaces and for polishing.
- Has a pet tool that sucks up hair from any surface.
- Features a hair removal tool to remove hairs stuck on the brushes.
- LED lights for visibility when cleaning.
- Lightweight for cleaning along walls without hurting the user.
- It is not an upright vacuum so it will not stand on its own
3. Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum for Laminate Floors
This type of vacuum is manufactured in China and can be found in the main sales outlets and sites too. It is battery compatible and cordless, unlike other vacuum cleaners.
- The vacuum uses fade-free lithium ion battery that guarantees you slow fade power.
- It is easy to use and reach all the corners of the house. It’s cordless making it easy to move around with.
- Lightweight and weights only 7.3 pounds. And making the cleaning process easy and fast to go with it as well.
- It has a LED status bar that enables you to know how much charge is remaining on the battery and when the battery is full as well.
- The vacuum is multipurpose as it is designed with three switches that allow you to change when cleaning different surfaces such as the carpet, and hardwood.
- It has a switch that allows you to turn on and off the device while carrying out your cleaning duties hence making it an easy device to use.
- Other features found on Hoover linex vacuum cleaner include a dustbin located at the bottom part of the device. The device is quite flexible as the handle can be reclined in the case where the user wants to reach the bottom of the furniture.
- It is flexible as you can easily recline it to reach extreme places such as the under of furniture.
- It has no code hence giving you freedom of movement while cleaning the house.
- The device is also light in weight which makes it easy to use and move around with too.
- It is easy to assemble, the battery lasts for long and has two settings one for carpet and the other one for hard wood making it a convenient device to use.
- The battery may require constant recharging especially if the device is used in big houses.
- The vacuum roller tends to catch human and pet fur easily than other vacuums.
- Flexible: Before you purchase the vacuum, make sure that the device is easy to reassemble so as to be able to clean it after use. Also, ensure the handle can easily move so as to recline it to reach under objects and at the edges of the room.
4. ILIFE V5s Pro Robot Vacuum Mop Cleaner
This robot vacuum features all-in-one vacuum features, sweeper and mopper features powered by a powerful motor. This motor is powered up by a battery which keeps it running for more than 2 hours.
The V5s is small and thin meaning that it can fit under furniture and into tight corners. It is fitted with powerful sensors so that it can make its way around the house without bumping into obstacles and getting stuck. It has big wheels to roll over thick, uneven floors and small toys, with technology that enables it to self-rescue if it is stuck.
The V5s is outfitted with technology that helps it pick up dust and larger particles without getting clogged. It can also pick up fur and hair from pets without harming the V5s system. It has four cleaning levels: auto-clean mode which lightly cleans around the house on days when there is not much dirt; a spot clean mode to thoroughly clean areas with deep dirt; edge clean mode to clean along the edges of the floor along the wall; and a schedule mode where you can pre-schedule the time for cleaning for the V5s to operate even when you are not around.
- It has several cleaning modes which can be selected depending on the type of cleaning needed.
- Features larger wheels enabling it to roll over uneven surfaces and thick flooring.
- Can run for more than two hours without needing a recharge.
- It can self-dock when it needs a recharge.
- Has high-quality sensors to enable it to navigate around the house without getting stuck.
- The mopping feature leaves streaks across the floor.
- It can get stuck on thick carpeting.
5. BISSELL CrossWave Hard Floor and Carpet Cleaner
This vacuum can clean and wash your floor all at once and is suitable for both hard floors and carpets. To enhance this function it contains a microfiber brush that mops your floor and also a nylon brush that takes away the dust and other dry dirt. This makes sure that your floor remains dust-free and dry, making it suitable for use on laminate floors. The two brushes are easy to remove and replace when needed.
The CrossWave carries two tanks, in one the cleaning solution is stored and dispensed when cleaning. The second tank stores the dirty water sucked up during cleaning. The two tanks are effective since the cleaning solution and the dirty water do not come into contact and therefore makes it effective for cleaning.
The CrossWave vacuum and mop is easy to control, with touchpad controls right on the handle that makes it easy for you to switch from one mode of cleaning to another. Furthermore, there is a simple-to-use trigger that is thumb controlled to dispense the cleaning solution while cleaning. There is also a removable tray which collects dirt when cleaning and can be emptied out afterward.
- Two tanks to store cleaning solution and dirty water separately.
- Easy-to-use trigger to dispense cleaning solution.
- Two kinds of brushes to mop and collect dirt to leave floor dry.
- Replaceable brushes when they wear out.
- Touch buttons that switch from one cleaning mode to another.
- The microfiber brush might leave streaks across the floor.
6. BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop
Another product from BISSELL is this multipurpose vacuum that is designed to use on a variety of floors and the toughest of stains. The BISSELL Steam Mop is equipped with a steamer that heats up your floors and acts on dirt using heat instead of chemicals. This way, your floor is not affected by any harsh chemicals.
This steam mop features 3 power levels, high, medium, and low. The user can control the level using a digital adjuster that is easy to set depending on the type of floor and dirt level. The BISSELL Steam Mop also comes with 2 types of microfiber pads, a soft pad for carpets and other floors requiring gentle cleaning, and a scrubby pad for tougher stains and harder flooring surfaces.
It is easy to switch between the scrubbers as the steam mop has a simple flip-down easy scrubber. Since the steam mop uses steam for cleaning, this mop has a fixture where you can fix fragrance discs so that your home is left smelling clean and fresh after steaming. The steam mop is connected to a power source using a long cord that gives you the ease of maneuverability and range.
- Has 2 washable microfiber pads to suit different floors.
- Cleans using steam and not harsh chemicals.
- Easy-to-control digital pad to switch between power levels.
- Has a long cord to give the user more control and range when cleaning.
- Suitable for use over a wide range of floors.
- Care needs to be taken since the wrong power level can leave puddles on the floor.
7. Bissell Power Edge Hard Floor Vacuum Cleaner
The device is designed with a top edge cleaner so as to capture all the dirt along the edges of the room and the tight area. It is light in weight making it convenient to move around with.
- It is adjustable and easy to recline so as to clean all the corners and under the furniture and beds.
- It has a dirt cup at the bottom that is easy to reassemble so as to clean and empty it.
- The vacuum cleaner is versatile as it can clean various floors such as the carpeted areas and hardwood floors.
- The V-shaped bottom enables it to capture all excellent and fair debris such as hair and animal fur.
- It is cordless enabling the user to move freely while cleaning up hence making the work easy and fast.
- It is designed with a plastic handle that allows comfortable and firm grip while doing your chores. The dirt cup is manufactured with clear plastic making it easy for the user to detect when the container needs to be emptied.
- Easy to assemble.
- It is light in weight hence making cleaning easy and fast to maneuver around with especially when cleaning large or many rooms.
- The device is versatile such that you can use it to clean various surfaces such as the carpet and laminate floors.
- The vacuum is quite convenient as it sucks in all the dirt including the animal hair such as cat fur. You don’t need to move your chairs to reach the extreme edges as the vacuum is adjustable to arrive at those areas.
- The vacuum is a bit noisy as compared to others, so it is not suitable for people looking for a quiet working vacuum. The battery doesn’t last for long especially if the device is often used.
- Select a V-shaped cleaning edge: Make sure it has V- shaped cleaning side so as to make sure that it captures and directs all the dirt to the dirt cup.
- Choose an adjustable handle: The handle should also be adjustable to avoid straining when cleaning under the objects in the house.
8. Eureka Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum for Laminate Floor
- The vacuum weighs less than 9 lbs making it convenient and easy to use and maneuver around the room when cleaning.
- It has an arm and hammer odor and an eliminating bag that captures all animal fur from the cats and dogs. It has a 20-foot long cord that enables the user to reach remote areas and clean up the walls too.
- The device can maintain high cleanliness in the house of up to 99.97 from dust and animal furs.
- The wheels that make to move the vacuum around the house while cleaning.
- It has a rotating ring located on the handle used for adjusting the suction.
- The vacuum is backed up by a one-year warranty against the manufacturers’ defects.
- This bare floor vacuum has 2-setting height adjustments for bare floor and area rug cleaning.
- The vacuum is light in weight as it has an excellent reaching telescoping pole.
- It has a pet attached dirt duct that traps all the fur and other allergy causing dirt from your pets.
- The long cord helps you to reach further areas for example under the chairs and on the walls.
- The plastic wheels that make it easy to move while you do cleaning.
- The wheels are made of plastic material and hence require a lot of care when moving around as they can easily come off or get broken.
- Ease to use: Ensure the wheels are movable when cleaning for ease use and save time while cleaning.
- Long cord: It is advisable that you have the wire measured before you buy the vacuum to ensure that the cord is of the right length and is easy to use too.
9. Dirt Devil Power Air Corded Bagless Stick Vacuum
This kind of vacuum is suitable for hardwood floors. It has a cyclonic filtration made of a mess that sucks in dirt and other debris when cleaning up. The Dirt Devil power vacuum weighs about 7 pounds hence making it quite convenient to move around and carry up stairs.
- It has a start up and shut down button for smooth operating. The device has a dirt cup located at the bottom part that sucks in the dirt and is fast and easy to empty with just a click of a button.
- 10 Amp powers cut the messes and has constant sanction power.
- It has a 20-foot cord that makes for cleaning the room without having to move the objects in the chamber.
- The gadget very convenient since it is easy to operate as it is light in weight, easy to assemble and empty.
- It is suitable for use in laminate floors such as hardwood and carpets as it sucks all debris.
- It is efficient as it sucks all the dirt from the floor that does not require scrubbing.
- The handle is quite comfortable to work with and provides a firm grip too.
- The vacuum is not suitable for cleaning animals’ hairs and furs as it blows it away rather than sucking.
- You have to keep on moving the vacuum when cleaning a large room where the cord cannot reach.
- The vacuum is noisy and therefore not recommended for individuals who prefer quiet vacuums.
10. Sanitaire SC3683B Commercial Canister Vacuum
- It is suitable for cleaning both hard and carpeted floors.
- The device weighs around 10 pounds hence it is easy to use and carry around.
- The air cord of this best laminate floors vacuum measures about 19 inches hence making it suitable to reach further areas. It is also adjustable to provide comfort and reach further areas when cleaning.
- You will get a user manual that guides you on how to assemble it. It also has a double-toggled switch that makes it easy to control the brush found on the floor nozzle.
- The vacuum has two large wheels that enable the user to pull it while cleaning the room. There is a switch for turning off and on the brush when in use.
- The device is suitable for people who are a bit tall as it does not require a handle to use it.
- It has a shoulder strap that enables the user to hang the vacuum while cleaning.
- The adjustable air horse metal makes cleaning easy and neat including in areas under the furniture and other objects.
- The vacuum does not have a locking device between the parts of the house. And therefore it can easily fall apart in the case where you pull the nozzle back.
What to Look for in a Laminate Floor Vacuum
It is crucial that you check the features of the best vacuum for laminate floors before you buy so as to make sure the device has all the necessary parts useful for functionality. Such features include a switch for starting and shutting, the cable for connection to power among others.
Try it out.
Is the vacuum functioning? Well, one way to know this is by trying it out. The best idea to do this is by trying it while at the store before you take it home. Push it and pull it just to make sure it is working and all the cleaning parts are intact.
Ease to use.
Buy a cleaning vacuum that is easy to operate. So, everyone in the house will be able and comfortably use it. Also, you don’t require a vacuum that you will keep on refereeing to the user manual to learn how to operate it.
Quality plays a major role when selecting or buying a vacuum for your laminated floor. The price can determine this. Therefore don’t attract to the low price offer from various dealers as you may end up buying a vacuum. It will give you problems or even end up spending more dollars in purchasing a new one. A good vacuum should cost you a pocket-friendly price.
The level of noise.
You don’t need a vacuum that will force you to purchase hearing protection or wait for people to leave the house so you can do your cleaning due to the noise produced by the vacuum. So make sure that you purchase a vacuum that is not too loud. And Make sure that it does not damage your hearing system or interfere with other activities going on in the house such as disrupting people’s sleep.
Always make sure that you buy a device with a guarantee. And make sure that it is reliable and of good quality. A good brand should offer a guarantee for a particular period against manufacturers defect.
Laminate Floor FAQs
Why Laminate Floors Need Special Vacuum Cleaner and What Features are Good or Bad?
The regular vacuum cleaners can easily pick up dust from the carpeted area and hardwood floors. The suction power and the spinning combined brushes can easily remove it. But the catch is,these vacuum cleaners can’t work well on laminate floors like the way it does on regular floors.
A Special Vacuum Cleaner for laminate floors comes with a strong suction power along with built-in spraying and washing system. These vacuum cleaners can easily remove dirt from any kind of laminated floors.
The features that define a vacuum cleaner good or bad for laminated floor are:
- Suction Power
- Tough Spot Cleaning Ability
- Weight of the machine
- Quality of motor
- The capacity of removing pet hair
Is It OK to Vacuum Laminate Floors?
It’s okay to vacuum laminate floors. But it requires a vacuum cleaner that comes with some special features. The regular vacuum cleaners are not recommended for cleaning laminate floors. It has to be something with more suction power, washable system, and capacity of removing pet hairs. Otherwise, using a regular one may affect your laminate floors.
Since a laminate floor is more sensitive and resilient, you will need the best vacuums for laminate floors. So, feel free to go for using a vacuum but make sure it has the special features. Only then it will meet your expectations.
How Do I Clean Human Hair and Pet Hair on My Laminate Floor?
There is a multitudinous way of cleaning human hair and pet hair from laminate floors. Some of the pro tips are shared below:
- Use a special vacuum cleaner with special features
- Keep your dog clean right after you have cleaned your laminated floor
- Use a steam mop or laminate floor designated steam cleaner to remove hair
- Keep a soft pad for removing the hair
- Use a washable schedule per day for floor
Among all these tips, you’re strongly suggested using a special vacuum cleaner. Certainly, it will save you a lot of time and help you to remove hairs of laminate floors.
Is Dyson Good for Laminate Floors?
Dyson Vacuum is one of the best vacuums for laminate floors. In fact, not only laminate floors, it works well on any kind of floors. With the help of this vacuum, you can do your cleaning job perfectly. It has got high suction power that can easily remove dirt and debris. There comes a washable filter that makes your job easier to clean.
It’s very light-weight. You can handle it in a versatile manner. It has got over 20 minutes of working capability. So, with all these facts we can say, Dyson works well for laminate floors.
Can You Use a Shark on the Laminate Floor?
Shark brand produces one of the most efficient vacuum cleaner for laminate floors. You can make it work on the laminate floor in the same way you do in other floors. It is good at removing grease and grime off the surface of the laminate floor.
Since laminate is water-resistant – feel free to use a bit of water while cleansing the surface. You can use a dry cloth or a little bit of wet sponge to get the best results. If the mop is a little bit more tempted before cleaning, it’s good to go. So, these sums up that you can use shark on laminate floors.
Does Roomba Work on Laminate Floors?
Roomba vacuums are designed to clean hardwood, tile, and laminate floors. The vacuum cleaners are way too good in terms of removing hair. With the long battery life, easy usability – it can be used for cleaning any kind of these floors. The motor of this vacuums works really well.
With the high suction power and the great capacity of removing hair, you can crackle any debris on floors. Since laminate floors are water-resistant – so, feel free to use the Roomba Vacuum Cleaners on your laminate floor. It will provide you positive result hopefully.
Do Robot Vacuums Scratch Laminate Floors?
Robot Vacuum Cleaners are specially designed for cleaning dirt and debris out of any kind of floors. But not every Robot Vacuum cleaner can be used on laminate floors. Because regular vacuum cleaners leave scratches and don’t show an effective result.
There are some models of Robot Vacuum which are highly effective for removing hairs of the surface, light-weight, comes with a washable system, and has got good battery life. Most importantly, this doesn’t leave or cause any damage to laminate floors. So, some robot vacuums do not scratch laminate floors.
Should I Wet Mop Laminate Flooring?
Laminate floors are highly water-resistant because of the recycled wood. It helps to stop the water penetration on the surface of the floors. As a result, if anyone uses a water mop on a laminate floor, it will not end well. Rather, it may make the floor soggy.
To clean the laminate floor or to do anything else, it’s highly recommended to use a steam mop that is made for cleaning laminate floors. The best results can be extracted by using vacuums that can easily remove the dirt and pet hair from the surface of the floor. However, a wet mop is not recommended for use on laminate floors.
What can be Done to Prevent Floor Scratches?
There are multiple ways of preventing floor scratches on the floor. Some of the workable tips are shown in the below:
- Asking everyone to use barefoot on the floor
- Adding entry mats at the door
- Using felt pads and getting extras for the furniture
- Avoiding chairs with rollers
- Regular cleaning to keep the dirt off the floor
- Avoiding spiky shoes or any hard-sole containing footwears
- Using area rugs for chairs and table
If you follow these tips, it will be much easier for you to prevent scratches on the floor. Even if you accidentally detect any scratch, use wood stain marks to get rid of it.
How Do You Keep Laminate Floors Clean and Shiny?
Laminate floors are one of the best floorings for pets and kids in a house. There are several ways to keep laminate floors clean and shiny. Check some pro tips below:
- Sweep/vacuum regularly
- Mopping regularly with the right cleaner
- Using floor mats at the entrance
- Cleaning spills or stains immediately
- Avoiding wax or polishing
- Not using abrasive cleaning pads
- Avoiding wet mops for cleaning
- Using protective pads
However, using special vacuums for laminate floors will do half of the job for making your floor clean and shiny. You can look for the best vacuums for laminate floors. Steam mops/cleaners are also helpful in this case.
The above are some of the best vacuum for laminate floors for you to choose from so the question is which laminate floor vacuum is right for you? Therefore, some of the things to consider when selecting from the above-given products are its features, usability and your needs as well. Each vacuum from the above has its unique features. And all you have to do is figure out your cleaning requirements and preferences as well. Always make sure that you purchase from a well- known dealer or supplier. And make sure that you buy a quality device that Is durable and efficient for use.