Picture this. It’s that time when you get to have a break and all you long for is the cozy comfort of your couch. Sounds comfy, right? But you get home, flop on the couch and suddenly wisps of hair clog your nose and hang on to your clothes.
You sit up straight and your hardwood floor is a sorry sight. Well in case you have not figured it out, what you need is an efficient vacuum cleaner that will clean both your precious hardwood floor and get the dog hairs from your couch. This is where we come in to give you a selection of the best vacuum for hardwood floors and pet hair to make your work easy.
Top 10 Best Vacuum for Hardwood Floors and Pet Hair Reviews 2020
- 1 Top 10 Best Vacuum for Hardwood Floors and Pet Hair Reviews 2020
- 1.1 1. Bissell PowerEdge Bagless Cleaner
- 1.2 2. Shark Rocket DuoClean Bagless Vacuum
- 1.3 3. EUREKA Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum
- 1.4 4. Bissell Cleanview Upright Vacuum
- 1.5 5. Shark Rotator Upright Vacuum
- 1.6 6. Dibea 2-in-1 Corded Vacuum
- 1.7 7. Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Vacuum
- 1.8 8. Bissell PowerGlide Bagless Vacuum
- 1.9 9. Mooka Auto Robotic Vacuum
- 1.10 10. Hoover PowerDash Vacuum
- 1.11 Consideration before choosing the best vacuum for hardwood floors and pet hair
1. Bissell PowerEdge Bagless Cleaner
Nothing beats the feeling of lying on a clean sofa with your rugs all clean and your floor sparkling clean. With the Bissell PowerEdge Bagless Cleaner, you can get all this and more. Here is why
Wide cleaning path
Yes! What a joy. It will take a shorter time to clean your space because of the wide cleaning path that this exemplary machine offers. The machine allows you to clean a width of 11.35 inches with one sweep.
This means that cleaning is made easier. The V-shape of the cleaning brush ensures that you can easily clean around furniture legs. No more moving furniture around to get the cleaning done.
Debris control and collection
A joyous clap for this amazing feature. The machine is able to direct debris into the center right on the suction path. This is convenient as it makes sure that the debris is effectively collected. Also, the debris is veered towards the center ensuring that the debris does not move all over around the vacuum as you work.
These squeegees mainly work to capture not only pet hair but also dirt and funnels. They make cleaning hard floors a breeze.
Easy to empty
The vacuum comes with an easy to empty dirt cup. You can easily dispose of debris just by emptying the cup.
Talking of power this mean machine has a rating of a whopping 6 amps. How’s that for power. The machine also comes with a 20ft long power cord for convenience.
- Simple and easy to use
- Extremely lightweight, and easy to maneuver
- Swivel Steering for easily clean around furniture
- Easy to Empty debris container
- Long comfortable handle eliminates back pain
- Does not come with any attachment tools or accessories
- Some plastic parts of the machine are easily prone to cracking
2. Shark Rocket DuoClean Bagless Vacuum
The essence of vacuuming is a deep clean that leaves your space clean refreshed and possibly allergen free. That is what Shark Rocket has gone the extra mile to ensure that you get all that. It may seem like a lot of things for one vacuum cleaner to do but take a look
Believe it or not, this vacuum lights up your way… literally. This is a cool vacuum has LED lights attached to the floor nozzle giving you a clear view. This makes identification of hidden debris easy ensuring a perfect clean.
The vacuum employs the latest technology when it comes to cleaning. The duo technology features two brushes. One bristle brush for deep cleaning of carpets, and another soft brush roll to pull in larger particles. The brush roll also gives your floor a polished look.
The Vacuum machine is made of lightweight plastic including ABS and PP plastics, minimal metal and rubber components. It surely can’t get better than that when it comes to lightweight.
This awesome piece of equipment is versatile as it can be transformed into a hand vacuum weighing just a mere 46lbs. all you need to do is push a release button at the top of the wand and you can separate the hand vacuum from the rest of the vacuum. You can also add an accessory for efficient cleaning.
- Simple and easy to use
- Versatile can be converted into a hand vacuum
- Multiuse for floors rugs and upholstery
- Efficient DUO CLEAN Technology
- Bagless vacuum
- Some plastic parts of the machine are easily prone to cracking
3. EUREKA Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum
Eureka! Here comes your two in one solution for all your cleaning solutions. What a joy, a cleaner, and blower for indoor and outdoor use.
This wonderful pieced of equipment can be used not only as a vacuum cleaner but it can be used as a blower. It has a blower port that can be used to blow away debris in outdoor spaces easily.
The vacuum machine is portable with a weight of a mere 9lbs. this makes it amongst the most lightweight vacuum machines. Truly convenient for use.
The machine comes with a powerful 10amp machine that provides maximum suction power for a deep clean.
The machine comes with a dual purpose dusting brush, crevice tool, and upholstery nozzle
It comes with a wand to allow you to reach further as you clean. You can clean ceilings and hard to reach areas.
The vacuum has a special space for the storage of the extra-long cord. This keeps the cord safe and tangle-free in storage
- Replaceable dust bag messy free
- Extra-long 20 ft cord for cleaning convenience
- Comes with a blower port for multi-functioning
- Lightweight and convenient for use
- Long cord may tangle during use
4. Bissell Cleanview Upright Vacuum
Bissel have come a long way in ensuring that your home stays clean and allergen free. The vacuum comes with an effective cleaning and filtration system. The one pass technology that the vacuum employs along with a state of the art brush design ensures you get a sparkling clean for your rugs and floors.
Multi-Cyclonic Suction System
The vacuum comes with a suction system that ensures that all the dirt is trapped within. It also ensures that the dirt does not mix again with the air.
The vacuum employs a multi-level filtration system that captures all allergens. The washable filter ensures that the environment is safe for those with asthma and allergies.
Reusable dust cup
The vacuum comes with a large capacity dust cup that is reusable. The 2-liter cup lets you clean for longer before emptying. It also has an easy to empty mechanism ensuring you do not get your hands dirty as you empty.
- Height can be adjusted up to five levels
- Lightweight and convenient making it easy to use
- Powerful suction machine for deep cleaning
- Comes with a multilevel filtration system for effective cleaning
- Cord length may be restrictive
- Does not have a swiveling mechanism
5. Shark Rotator Upright Vacuum
Now here comes a vacuum cleaner that is versatile, effective and time-saving. The Shark Rotator is a vacuum worth keeping in your collection.
This is one of the more desired functions of all modern vacuum cleaners. The High-Efficiency Particulate Air filter removes all microscopic particles in the air leaving the atmosphere allergen-free.
Now, this vacuum comes with handy accessories that make your work easy. The accessories include a pet power brush, one upholstery tool, straight suction nozzle, dusting brush, tool crevice tool, canister caddy, multi-angle dusting brush, external wand, mini blinds tool, an Under-appliance wand, a hard floor duster with dust pads and a car detail kit.
The advanced Swivel Steering ensures that you have maximum control as you move around your space making cleaning easy.
The machine comes with an LED light attached to the swivel heads making visibility excellent. This means that cleaning is more efficient.
- Versatile as it can be detached to make it portable
- Has a seal that keeps dust contained making air allergen–free
- Comes with a HEPA filter for efficient cleaning
- Comes with a large capacity dust cup
- Does not allow for cleaning underneath low furniture
- The vacuum cleaner may be a bit heavy for some
6. Dibea 2-in-1 Corded Vacuum
Cleaning is such a joy when you have the right equipment. Imagine vacuuming with a multipurpose vacuum that keeps your upholstery and floors clean and pet hair free. The Dibea 2-in-1 offers all this and more. How? Read on
The vacuum cleaner is a two in one machine that can be used as a standup of a hand vacuum. Convenient for any use.
The cleaner comes with a powerful machine. A whopping 600W, 15Kpa Powerful Suction machine. Needless to say this will ensure that any dirt hair and debris in the path of the machine will be sucked in. no escaping.
The vacuum comes with the ability to be adjusted for up to five times. This means that whatever your height you can quickly adjust the handle to fit your height makes cleaning comfortable.
The vacuum comes with a few features that make cleaning a breeze, first, it has a swivel steering that allows you to easily maneuver when cleaning. Also, it comes with a slide suction adjustment which ensures that movements on carpets are smooth.
This ensures that the machine picks up all debris and dirt including microscopic dirt. This leaves the air clean and allergen free.
- Versatile and can be converted into a hand vacuum
- Comes with a 19-foot long cord to reach further and higher
- Comes with a 1-liter removable dirt cup can be cleaned
- Easy to store as it can stand alone
- Non-slip handle
- The long power cord is susceptible to easily tangle
- Tends to be a bit noisy when cleaning
7. Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Vacuum
As a pet owner having a good vacuum machine to remove pet hairs off your rugs and floors is a necessity. It is even better if the machine is lightweight and easily portable. As the Bissel 33A1 attests.
The vacuum machine is extremely lightweight as it is a small handheld machine. It is easily portable making cleaning a wonderful experience.
Easy to use
The vacuum cleaner is extremely easy to use. It is light and has an easy grip handle. Additionally, the on-off switch is easily accessible making switching it on and off easy.
The cleaner is at the top of the range when it comes to an absolute clean. This is because of the Multi-Level Filtration cleaning system which ensures that dirt that is pulled in does not get out again.
This is made possible by the specialized rubber nozzle that has the ability to attract dirt easily from stairs and upholstery. It also comes along with a suction nozzle for picking up messes.
- Comes with a multilevel filtration system
- Easily portable as it is lightweight
- A powerful suction system that removes dirt easily
- Convenient removable dirt bin
- Comes with an interchangeable nozzle for cleaning
- Does not have a crevice device making cleaning corners a bit difficult
- Pet hair may get stuck in the pet hair attachment
8. Bissell PowerGlide Bagless Vacuum
It’s no secret that the best vacuum cleaner for pet owners is the one that works equally well on hard floors and upholstery when it comes to the removal of dirt and pet hair. That is why Bissell has now and again provided the perfect solutions for you. This time it’s the PowerGlideBagless Vacuum.
This means that the vacuum machine can work on different surfaces to give the best clean every time. From bare floors and hard floors to rugs, low pile carpets, carpets pet beds, and stairs, you are assured of a perfect clean all the time.
Wide cleaning path
The machine comes with a wide path width. A whole 12.5 inches width that ensures you need less time to cover your space.
With this vacuum, you are assured of cleanliness each time you use it. This is because it comes fitted with a powerful vacuum to ensure nothing is left in its way. The brush embedded dirt and pet hair for that wonderful clean.
This feature brings good news for those with allergies and those prone to asthma attacks. This wonderful vacuum has a smart system collects and seals in all allergens from your space leaving it allergen free.
- Optional filter for pet odor elimination
- Allergen system with a Smart seal
- Effective suction channel Technology
- Cyclonic cleaning technology to seal in dirt particles collected
- Extension wand to reach far off places
- May need multiple passes to clean
- It may be a bit difficult to assemble
- The vacuum may be a bit heavy for some
9. Mooka Auto Robotic Vacuum
You may want a vacuum that will clean while you relax, and do a good job while at it. Well, look no further than the Mooka Auto Robotic Vacuum Cleaner.
This is an absolutely simply machine to use. Just switch it on, customize your cleaning settings and sit back.
The Mooka smart technology vacuum will sort our space while you relax. It is efficient as it is also able to keep track of where it has already cleaned thus ensuring that the whole space is cleaned without repeating any area.
Powerful and Efficient
The Mooka has a unique cleaning ability that uses a 3-point system. It gives the vacuum a power boost that has a suction power of at least 10 times more than most brands in the market.
This cleaner is truly a smart machine. It has high sensory features that make it able to sense drops. This means that there is no danger of it tumbling down the stairs. It also senses obstacles thus will not collide with any of your furniture. Also, believe it or not, the vac automatically returns to its charging station when it’s running low on power.
- 3- Point cleaning system for superior cleaning
- Advanced sensory features to avoid drops and collisions
- Extra strong suction power up to 10 times more than others
- Ultra-silent machine as it works
- Works on different hard and tiled surfaces
- It can only work to a maximum of 2 hours before needing a recharge
- Does not work well for thick carpets
10. Hoover PowerDash Vacuum
Are you tired of the cliché vacuum cleaners that claim to work well and yet do not perform as expected? Here is the solution that you have been looking for. The Hoover PowerDash Pet Carpet Cleaner.
As the name suggests this wonderful vacuum cleaner is extremely powerful and will give you twice as much cleaning power as compared to most lightweight cleaners in the market.
Yes! The machine offers antimicrobial protection as it cleans. This is in addition to the powerful cleaning system that leaves your room speak and span.
It is extremely light and this makes it portable and easy to use. It is also compact in its design and you can store easily even in small spaces
The vacuum machines foot has a low profile. This makes it easy to get to the spaces underneath your furniture.
Twin tank system
This feature allows your machine to operate two separate tanks. One with clean water, and the other with the dirty water. This keeps the clean water separate from the dirty water.
- Lightweight, compact and convenient
- The machine has Antimicrobial properties
- Twin tanks to keep clean and dirty water separate
- Powerful with twice as much power
- Cleaning foot is low for more efficient dirt removal
- The water tanks are quite small
- May tend to leak if not properly positioned
Frequently Question and Answers
Do I need to use a broom before vacuuming?
Fortunately, you do not have to sweep before vacuuming. This is because the vacuum machine does a wonderful job of removing dirt dust and pet hair. It leaves the floor clean while also removes pet hair from your rugs and couches.
What makes a vacuum cleaner good for hard floors and pet hair?
the most effective vacuum cleaner is the one with a powerful suction system. This system allows you to efficiently remove pet hair and debris from floors as well as carpets and upholstery.
Consideration before choosing the best vacuum for hardwood floors and pet hair
The best vacuum cleaner will depend on your specific needs and circumstances. Here are the considerations you need to keep in mind when selecting a vacuum cleaner for your home.
This is arguably the most important consideration you need to look into. Some vacuum cleaners only work to remove dirt and dust typically on floors. Others are designed to only remove pet hair on rugs and couches. And some are designed to have a multipurpose use. It is therefore important to get a vacuum which can multitask in cleaning both hardwood floors and removing pet hairs from rugs.
Size of your home
The size of your home will determine the size of the vacuum you will need. Rule of thumb dictates that larger homes will need larger machines as compared to the smaller homes. Small homes also have the option of using portable vacuums. Also, a bigger home implies that if you get a vacuum with a cord you will need a longer cord to enable you to reach the furthest points.
There are several types of vacuum machines you can select from depending on your needs.
- Upright– this is the traditional and popular type of machine that is upright. It is preferred by many as it is considered as being the most powerful vacuum in the market. It is also a favorite for those suffering from back problems.
- Stick – this is a slimmer version of the upright machine. It is much lighter than the upright vacuum and is suitable for those who prefer a lightweight machine. It is however not as powerful as the upright machine.
- Canisters – when it comes to portability this type of vacuum is extremely portable because of its size and design. This makes it a very convenient vacuum and makes cleaning quick and easy.
- Handheld – as the name suggests it is a machine that can be held by hand. This makes it lightweight and convenient. It can be used to easily clean hard to reach areas. It is available either corded or cordless. However, it is generally not as powerful as the upright vacuum.
- Robotic -This is a machine used for automatic cleaning. It is a type of robot cleaner that is designed for automatic cleaning systems. It is however not preferred when it comes to deep cleaning.
Corded, Cordless and Hybrid
Selecting a corded or cordless vacuum is simply a matter of your preference. A corded machine usually has a powerful output in comparison to a cordless machine. The downside is its movement is limited to the length of the cord. However, with an extra cost, you can buy an extension. A cordless machine is convenient as it gives you the flexibility to move around freely. Its downside is that it is not as powerful as its corded counterpart. The third option is that you may opt to select a vacuum machine with both corded and battery options.
A vacuum machine should have the capability to work well on its own. However having accessories can make cleaning more efficient, convenient and pleasurable. Such accessories include extension tools, brushes, crevice tools, and dusting tools.
This refers to High-Efficiency Particulate Air filter that has the ability to remove microscopic particles. This is increasingly becoming a crucial component in Vacuum cleaners. It filters out particles such as pet hair leaving the atmosphere allergen- free.
As a pet owner, you absolutely cannot do without a vacuum cleaner to keep your space clean. Ideally, the best cleaner for you is the one that can easily retrieve not only pet hair and dander on rugs but also debris and dirt on hard floors.
You should already know the hassle that comes about when trying to sweep up pet hair which scatters all over the room before you are even halfway through. And still, you will not be able to get to the dirt that has penetrated deep into the fabrics on rugs and even couches.
This is why to save you the hustle we have put together this wonderful list of the best of the best when it comes to best vacuum for hardwood Floors and Pet Hair. If you didn’t know, now you know where to look. Drop us a line we are always happy to hear from you or to help. Better yet spread the word our products are the best.