What is the Best Pool Leaf Vacuum for You?
A leaf vacuums are designed specifically for this purpose, so they don’t clog up like ordinary garden hoses or blowers. And not only does it save you time and money in the long run, but it also saves your back from all that bending over! Our Top Picks
- 1 What is the Best Pool Leaf Vacuum for You?
- 2 Top Rated & Best Pool Leaf Vacuum in 2021
- 2.1 1. Poolmaster 28300 Big Sucker Pool Leaf Vacuum (Best Overall)
- 2.2 2. Pool Blaster Max Cordless Vacuum (Best Battery Powered Leaf Vacuum)
- 2.3 3. Water Tech Pool Blaster Leaf Vac (Best Pool Leaf Skimmer)
- 2.4 4. Swimline Blue Wave Leaf Bagger (Best On A Budget)
- 2.5 5. Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 (Best Pressure Side Pool Cleaner)
- 2.6 6. Blue Devil B5115 Pro Leafbagger (Best Premium Pick)
- 3 Things to Consider When Shopping for the Best Pool Leaf Vacuum
- 3.1 Pool Leaf Vacuum VS Pool Cleaner
- 3.2 How to Clean A Pool Full Of Leaves
- 3.3 How to Keep Leaves out of Pool Skimmer
- 3.4 Can You Shock A Pool With Leaves In It?
- 3.5 Will A Pool Vacuum Pick Up Leaves?
- 3.6 Final Words
- Best Overall: Poolmaster 28300 Big Sucker Pool Leaf Vacuum “With the efficient eight water nozzles it gets, Poolmaster 28300 is highly capable of creating a powerful suction force. This is why we recommend this beast for those who are hungry for one of the strongest swimming pool leaf vacuums.”
- Best Battery: Powered Leaf Vacuum: Pool Blaster Max Cordless Vacuum “On account of the heavy-duty motor and super-duper vacuum head, capturing small-to-medium debris will be as easy as ABC with the Pool Blaster Max Cordless Vacuum for Leaves.”
- Best Pool Leaf Skimmer: Water Tech Pool Blaster Leaf Vac “Whoa, on just a single charge, this little boy right here can run for 3 hours at a stretch to make you capable of removing the dust or debris within a short period of time!”
- Best On A Budget: Swimline Blue Wave Leaf Bagger “The things we like about the Swimline Blue Wave Leaf Bagger are its lightweight structure and the quick-release snap-adapt handle. Because of these features and advantages, we suggest picking this model for those who are very new in the field of POOL CLEANING! “
- Best Pressure Side Pool Cleaner: Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 “Without a doubt, this particular model will be a great pick for those who can break the bank to get a durable, powerful, and reliable piece of pool cleaner. The motor it gets is pretty strong and able to capture most of the debris from the pool.”
- Best Premium Pick: Blue Devil B5115 Pro Leafbagger “Cleaning up the entire pool will be enjoyable and out of hassle, this particular pool cleaner is a piece of cake when it comes to operating. So, it DOESN’T MATTER whether you are a newbie or a professional!”
Top Rated & Best Pool Leaf Vacuum in 2021Here are the six most sought after pool leaf vacuum that comes with stellar features and optimum durability.
1. Poolmaster 28300 Big Sucker Pool Leaf Vacuum (Best Overall)The first product on our list is from Poolmaster. They have really mastered the art of keeping your swimming pool clean and hygienic. The Poolmaster 28300 is one of their latest offerings. If you are looking for a pool vacuum for heavy leaves, then this hungry beast is for you. It will devour all the large leaves, debris, and dirt that comes its way. You just have to keep feeding and watch this amazing machine work. It has eight water nozzles that work together to create a strong suction force. With superior cleaning power combined with the 15-inch diameter and a wide mouth opening, this monster will make your pool ready for a party in no time. You will be happy that you won’t have to buy a new hose as the quick-disconnect adapter that comes preinstalled with the device can fit with your regular garden hose. Unlike other handles that break or bend after a few uses, this product comes with a durable ABS handle. Now you can lift more leaves at a single swipe and save up more time. You will be able to reach all corners of your pool as this machine comes with four wheels that can rotate 360 degrees. Besides you also get a reusable leaf bag free of cost. The bag also has a push-lock feature for ease of use. Pros
- Has a strong suction force
- Wide opening for easy access of big leaves
- 360-degree wheels provide optimum maneuverability
- Comes with a reusable leaf bag
- Is compatible with the regular garden hose
- Is not as effective as the Poolmaster 28008 while cleaning small debris
- Comes in a single color
2. Pool Blaster Max Cordless Vacuum (Best Battery Powered Leaf Vacuum)This beauty from Pool Blaster comes with superlative performance and aesthetics. It offers cutting-edge technology and is the perfect choice if you want the features of leaf vacuum for above ground pool and in-ground pool in a single package. This masterpiece looks like a weapon from outer space and is equipped with Water Tech P30 high-performance motor. Thus you will be able to pick up debris in a flash. Cordless cleaning is the most exciting feature of this device. With only a few days of usage, you are going to regret the struggles you went through a connecting hose to your old vacuum and the hours you spent trying to fix leaks. Now you can clean anytime, anywhere. Whether it is Spa, Swimming Pool, or Hot Tub, this beast will get your job done in a breeze. This gun is powered by a lithium-ion battery and has enough juice to run for 60 minutes. Moreover, it will only take you 4 hours to fully recharge it. So you are making zero sacrifices for all the luxury. Its debris chamber is large enough to hold all the twigs, sand, and leaf dirt you are going to clean. The 10.5” vacuum head can be removed giving you more functionality. You also get to enjoy the Push-Button operation which is just the icing on the cake. Pros
- Water Tech P30 high-performance motor picks up debris in a flash
- Cordless cleaning gives more freedom in movement
- 60 minutes to high-performance cleaning on a single charge
- Has multipurpose usage
- Comes with ergonomic design
- Is not suitable for large leaves
- Has to be recharged regularly
3. Water Tech Pool Blaster Leaf Vac (Best Pool Leaf Skimmer)Cleaning pools away from home can be troublesome. You don’t have any water supply or charging ports nearby. This battery-powered pool leaf vacuum from Water Tech will come in handy in such situations. This vacuum device is self-sufficient as it runs on batteries. This makes it ideal for a visit to the farmhouse pool. Only 8 AA batteries can power up the vacuum for a whopping 3 hours. That’s more than enough for a week’s visit to your beloved destination. Using hose water can mix impurities and make it difficult to maintain the desired PH level of your pool. With this device, you eliminate all such possibilities. Now you can clear leaves from the bottom or just skim the top without any worries. You can set this up really fast and easy. Just attach the leaf bag and batteries and you are good to go. The propellers create powerful suction force and fill up the leaf bag in minutes. The Push-Button operation makes it easy to use. You don’t have to look for poles online as any standard telescopic ones will do the job. Pros
- No hose or electricity required
- Can run up to 3 hours on battery
- Suitable for both cleaning the pool floor and skimming the top
- Extremely handy on the go
- Water may enter into the battery section if not sealed properly
- Is not as sturdy as its competitors
4. Swimline Blue Wave Leaf Bagger (Best On A Budget)Here is another leaf vacuum that is simple and lightweight but will get the job done. The Blue Wave Leaf Bagger from Swimline is one of their top-selling products. This device is practical and straight forward. In case you want to avoid all the fancy tech and just go with a simply built vacuum for your pool, this bagger is perfect for you. Now you can throw last-minute pool parties in your backyard because this bagger will gulp all the leaves and debris in minutes. This makes your backyard barbecue party even more fun. No extra gadget is required as you can use any tele pole and hose lying in your garage. The mesh bag is extra-large and has a wide opening. It comes with a quick-release snap-adapt handle. This ensures quick and easy cleaning in vinyl-lined or concrete pools. Pros
- Simple and easy to use
- Lightweight and has a quick-release snap-adapt handle
- Has extra-large mesh bag for collecting leaves and debris
- Suitable for vinyl-lined or concrete pools
- The vacuum is 15 inch in diameter which accommodates large leaves
- Is dependent on hoses
- It’s not the most powerful
5. Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 (Best Pressure Side Pool Cleaner)Polaris has already produced some magnificent pool cleaners which boast cutting edge technology and robust ergonomics. The Vac-Sweep 280 is no exception to that. This bomb right here will sweep up all the leaves, twigs, and debris and scrub the walls of your in-ground pool all on its own. You won’t have to hold a tele pole and stand beside the pool for hours. Just plug the device and go back to prepare your barbecue sauce. You won’t be looking for more power here as this device has double jets installed giving it superior vacuum power. It only takes 3 hours to do a complete cleanup. Now, this is some exciting stuff. We all know how irritating it is to see the cleaner getting stuck in a corner or rotate in circles. With the In-line back-up valve, you won’t be facing those issues. It automatically corrects the routes for the cleaner saving your time and energy. For maximum performance, plug-in this champ with the Polaris booster pump and watch it devour even the largest debris. This cleaner can be bought with a booster or connector too. So you don’t have to look for it elsewhere. This product comes with a hose kit which is 31-foot-long and a spacious filter bag. It’s easy to see now why Polaris has gained so much recognition and with its offerings. Pros
- Double jet-powered
- Fast and effortless cleaning
- Extremely durable
- The in-line back-up valve helps to correct routes
- Has both sweep and scrub functionality
- A booster pump is required
- Is a bit expensive
6. Blue Devil B5115 Pro Leafbagger (Best Premium Pick)The last product on our list is the B5115 Pro Leafbagger from Blue Devil. As the name suggests, this devil will swallow anything that comes its way. This device has been the Blue Devils’ top seller for quite a long time. The device works on a simple venturi principle and is really easy to operate. You don’t have to spend hours trying to understand complicated manuals. It easily fills up the spacious mesh leaf bag utilizing water pressure. It’s so easy to use that even a 5th grader can operate it if necessary. You just have to connect it with your standard hose and a telescopic pole and it’s ready to rock. With this bagger in your hand, cleaning up the pool is just a fun experience. The three ball bearing wheels and a metal swivel handle makes it effortless to pilot this handy appliance. The wheels are made of urethane to ensure durability. Besides, you won’t have to assemble it as it comes with all parts fitted. Pros
- Simple and practical design
- Ball bearing wheel ensures mobility
- Easy to operate
- Bags huge leaves with ease
- Can be used with a standard garden hose
- Can leak water if the hose is not sealed properly
- Is little low on power
Things to Consider When Shopping for the Best Pool Leaf VacuumWith all the options out there, it can get really tricky to choose the perfect Pool Leaf Vacuum. Don’t worry my friend, we are here to make things easier for you. Look for these attributes a good Pool Leaf Vacuum must-have.
Basics FirstNo matter how fancy the tech, the main task of a pool leaf vacuum is to pick up leaves, twigs, and debris. So the device should be able to deal with leaves of all sizes. The vacuum mouth opening size plays a big role here. With a larger diameter, there is more space for leaves and debris to get inside.
Pool SizeDepending on your pool size, you can choose between manual and robotic vacuums. The manual vacuums will save you money but require your time and labor. These vacuums are suitable for small pools. On the other hand, robotic vacuums work all on their own. It will be impossible for you to properly maintain a big pool without the robotic ones. Moreover, these vacuums are extremely powerful and durable. The only downside is the expense.
PowerThe vacuum works on the mechanism of creating suction force. The more the suction force, the heavier leaves or debris the vacuum will be able to lift. Most of the brands provide strong motors with their leaf vacuums. Make sure the one you will be getting is powerful enough.
StorageLeaves and debris from your pool will be stored in a storage space provided along with the device. The storage space can be a mesh bag or an enclosed compartment. Your storage should be spacious and resistant to sharp edges. Also, look for the availability of spare storage for the particular models as these bags have a tendency to rupture through extensive usage.
ManeuverableHalf of the labor reduces if the pool leaf vacuum has good maneuverability. Most of the latest leaf vacuum comes with wheels having smooth bearings that can be piloted effortlessly. The self-driving ones will give you an extra edge in this case.
Charging OptionsMany of the latest pool leaf vacuums run on electricity. This reduces the hassle of connecting a hose. These vacuums can be recharged or can run on batteries. It can be a great option for working on the go.
Pool Leaf Vacuum VS Pool CleanerYou may be confused with these two terms. Though they may sound the same, there are some differences in their function. Pool Leaf Vacuum The main task of a Pool Leaf Vacuum is to pick up the leaves, tweaks, or debris by creating vacuum pressure and store it in a container bag. They can also be used to skim the water surface for leaves or twigs. Some of the examples of Pool Leaf Vacuums are:
- Poolmaster 28300 Big Sucker Swimming Pool Leaf Vacuum
- Pool Blaster Max Cordless Vacuum for Leaves
How to Clean A Pool Full Of LeavesHaving trouble with leaves? You can try any of the above-reviewed products. Leaves either remain on the surface or at the bottom floor. You can use any of the pool leaf vacuums mentioned above. It has to be taken into account that some vacuums can only collect leaves from the pool floor while others can skim the surface too.
How to Keep Leaves out of Pool SkimmerPool skimmers are the gateway to your pool’s filtration. By minimizing the flow of leaves into the skimmer, you can increase the lifespan of your pool’s filtration system. There are various products that will help you in the process. Pre Skimmer Leaf catcher One of the products that can be used is the Pre Skimmer Leaf catcher. It’s basically a net that is placed before your pool skimmer. As the water circulates throughout the pool, so do the leaves. The leaves get trapped in the net before reaching the skimmer. Skimmer Wizard It’s a skimmer guard that is attached to the entrance point of your pool skimmer. This blocks the way for the leaves or twigs to enter into the skimmer.
Can You Shock A Pool With Leaves In It?Shocking is the process of destroying contaminants such as bacteria and algae in your pool. This happens by increasing the free chlorine levels by adding chlorine or other chemicals to the pool water. Having left in your pool while carrying out the process will reduce its efficiency. The free chlorine will react with the organic leaves instead of the contaminants. This reduces the effectiveness of chlorine. Thus it is advised to keep the pool clean while shocking.
Will A Pool Vacuum Pick Up Leaves?Pool vacuums do an excellent job when we talk about keeping your pool neat and clean. They create strong suction pressure and lift the wet leaves from the bottom of your pool. The leaves are then put inside a storage bag which can be open easily to bring out the leaves. Few of the top-rated pool vacuums are:
- Poolmaster 28300 Big Sucker Swimming Pool Leaf Vacuum
- Pool Blaster Max Cordless Vacuum for Leaves
- Water Tech Pool Blaster Leaf Vac
- Swimline Blue Wave Leaf Bagger
- Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
- Blue Devil B5115 Pro Leafbagger