Spring is here, and summer is coming is your pool ready? Are you ready to shake off the Winter Blues? Well, it is time to start planning pool parties and backyard barbecues again. Fire up the grill and get ready for a great time by your pool.
But, have you taken a look at your pool? You may need to spruce it up a bit before you invite guests over to enjoy your culinary skills and your InGround Pool. Luckily, we have reviews on 11 best InGround Pool Cleaners that’ll do the job in no time. Then you can enjoy your pool and all the fun and excitement it brings into your spring and summer.
Top 11 Best Inground Pool Cleaners Comparison Table
- 1 Top 11 Best Inground Pool Cleaners Comparison Table
- 2 What is the Best Inground Pool Cleaners for You(Our Top Picks)
- 3 Best Rated Inground Pool Cleaners Review in 2022
- 3.1 1. Best Overall: Dolphin Premier Automatic Inground Pool Cleaner
- 3.2 2. Best Pressure Side Cleaner: Polaris Vac-Sweep In Ground Pool Vacuum
- 3.3 3. Best Suction Side Pool Cleaner: Pentair Kreepy Krauly Warrior
- 3.4 4. Advanced Suction Side Cleaner: BARACUDA G3 Inground Suction Pool Cleaner
- 3.5 5. Best for Vinyl and Fiberglass Pool: Pentair GW9500 Pool Cleaner
- 3.6 6. Best for Powerful Suction: Pentair 360042 In Ground Suction Pool Cleaner
- 3.7 7. Best for Performance: Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Cleaner
- 3.8 8. Best Robotic Pool Vacuum: Polaris Sport In Ground Robotic Vacuum
- 3.9 9. Best Budget Pool Cleaner: XtremepowerUS Automatic Pool Vacuum
- 3.10 10. Best for Large Pool: Hayward Poolvergnuegen Inground Pool Cleaner
- 3.11 11. Best for Wall Climbing: Zodiac MX6 Suction Side Pool Cleaner
- 3.12 What is a Robotic Swimming Pool Cleaner?
- 3.13 What is a Pressure Side Inground Pool Cleaner?
- 3.14 What is a Suction-Side Swimming Pool Cleaner?
- 3.15 How do I clean my inground pool?
- 3.16 How to clean dirt from bottom of pool?
- 3.17 How often should I vacuum my pool?
- 3.18 Is it okay to leave a pool vacuum in the pool?
- 3.19 Why is my pool dirty after I’ve vacuumed it?
- 3.20 What is the difference between the above-ground and in-ground pool cleaner?
- 3.21 What to Look for in an Inground Pool Cleaners
|Dolphin Premier Automatic Inground Pool Cleaner
|Check On Amazon
|Polaris Vac-Sweep Inground Pool Vacuum
|Check On Amazon
|Pentair 360302 Kreepy Krauly Warrior
|Check On Amazon
|BARACUDA G3 Inground Suction Pool Cleaner
|Check Best Price
|Pentair GW9500 Pool Cleaner
|Check On Amazon
|Pentair 360042 Inground Suction Pool Cleaner
|Check On Amazon
|Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Cleaner
|Check On Amazon
|Polaris Sport Inground Robotic Vacuum
|Check On Amazon
|XtremepowerUS Automatic Pool Vacuum
|Check On Amazon
|Hayward Poolvergnuegen Inground Pool Cleaner
|Check On Amazon
|Zodiac MX6 Suction Side Pool Cleaner
|Check On Amazon
What is the Best Inground Pool Cleaners for You(Our Top Picks)
How to choose the best inground pool Vacuums? What features do you need to look for? All you have to do is choose the one that will best meet your needs.
- Best Overall: Dolphin Premier Automatic Inground Pool Cleaner
“Pools up to 50 feet, Cleaning Time: Standard – 2 hours, Weight: 19 lbs, Filter Type: Twin Cartridges – Large, Scrubbing Brushes Standard Dual Scrubbing.”
- Best Pressure Side Cleaner: Polaris Vac-Sweep In Ground Pool Vacuum
“Pools up to 30 feet, Cleaning Time: Standard – 3 hours, Weight: 6.2 lbs, Filter Type: single chamber filter bag. Note: Booster pump required.“
- Best Suction Side Pool Cleaner: Pentair Kreepy Krauly Warrior
“Weight: 16 lbs, Best for cleaning leaves, sand, and other hard-to-clean debris, Outstanding maneuverability in tight spaces”
- Advanced Suction Side Cleaner: BARACUDA G3 Inground Suction Pool Cleaner
“Not available now”
- Best for Vinyl and Fiberglass Pool: Pentair GW9500 Pool Cleaner
“Weight: 1 lbs, Installs in a minutes, with no tools required. Powerful suction removes dirt and debris automatically.”
- Best for Powerful Suction: Pentair 360042 In Ground Suction Pool Cleaner
“Pools up to 14′ x 28′ x 6′ deep, Weight: 18 lbs, Intelligent Navigation, Best for Aboveground and Smaller Inground Pools.”
- Best for Performance: Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Cleaner
“Pools up to 50 feet, Weight: 19 lbs, Cleaning Cycle: 2 Hours, Suction Rate: 4500 GPH, Cleaning Frequency: Weekly Scheduler.”
- Best Robotic Pool Vacuum: Polaris Sport In Ground Robotic Vacuum
“Pools up to 50 feet, 7 day programmable cleaning cycle, Weight: 43.6 lbs, Filter Type: large capacity filter canister, 2 year limited warranty.”
- Best Budget Pool Cleaner: XtremepowerUS Automatic Pool Vacuum
“Pools up to 30 feet, Weight: 12 lbs, Require at least a 3/4 hp swimming pool pump or 1600ghp to function properly.”
- Best for Large Pool: Hayward Poolvergnuegen Inground Pool Cleaner
“Pools up to Up to 20′ X 40′, Weight: 19 lbs, Min Pump Size: 1/2 hp or 35 gpm, Best for Gunite, Vinyl, Fiberglass, Pebble and Tile”
- Best for Wall Climbing: Zodiac MX6 Suction Side Pool Cleaner
“Weight: 17.41 lbs, Hose Length: 8.4m, Ideal for pools with 2-speed and variable speed pumps.”
Types of Pool Vacuums
If you go around the types of pool cleaner then you will find them in the following versions
- Pressure-side pool cleaner
- Suction-side pool cleaner
- Robotic pool cleaner
- Manual pool cleaner
Well, let’s define them below
Pressure-side pool cleaner
The pressure side pool cleaner comes with a filter pump and it uses the pressure of the water force. To perform so, oftentimes it brings a booster pump alongside the filtration system. Turns out it increases the water circulation, here is why it seems costly.
Suction-side pool cleaner
Suction-side mostly attaches to an existing pool filtration. Here the suction-based cleaner comes to clean the bottom surface of your pool. Here is why they are the least expensive pick for you.
Robotic Pool Cleaner pool cleaner
It is one of the most sophisticated choices and comes with an energy-efficient choice. But keep in mind, it is one of the most expensive options for you. It does not require your effort as it can manage to clean itself, all you need to do is to plug a wire into an electrical outlet. It has ultimate navigation to understand where the debris is located and it can clean itself.
Manual Cleaners pool cleaner
The manual cleaner does not require to have a battery or to plug-in the process to the electricity. All it requires is to put together firstly then enforce your labour to filter out the pool’s debris. Since it does not come with the sophisticated stuff, so turns out it costs less than all others choices.
Best Rated Inground Pool Cleaners Review in 2022
1. Best Overall: Dolphin Premier Automatic Inground Pool Cleaner
Dolphin Premier is a robotic pool vacuum. So, it works on the rule of dropping it in the pool and letting it be. This one cleans even a 50 feet in-ground pool with ease. Just plug it in and switch on its start button.
All its power comes from the dual 24-volt DC motors. It works efficiently but consumes less energy while operating than most of the pressure or suction vacuums. So, even if you are in a dilemma about it, being pricey, do the calculation and understand they save you in other ways.
All of you lazy bums, who don’t want to keep a tab on when you must clean the pool, let the robot do that for you. Set the scheduler, and it will alert you when to drop it in the pool and go. And if you want to be free of the task, totally, then leave it in the pool and let it work all by itself depending on the schedule you set.
All the dirt, debris and algae go through its bottom-load fine cartridge filters, ultra-fine cartridge filters, and an oversized fine filter bag. So, you can be assured of an optimum cleaning of the pool.
The long swivel cord lets the robot free-flow due to its patented anti-tangle feature. Underneath, the vacuum has dual scrubbing brushes. So no stubborn dirt or algae is tough or time-consuming territory for it.
2. Best Pressure Side Cleaner: Polaris Vac-Sweep In Ground Pool Vacuum
Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 is one of the best inground pool cleaners, which is also affordable. It’s a pressure side pool cleaner, so better than the suction side and cheaper than the robotic vacuums. No matter how big or congested your in-ground pool is, this cleans it all and from all corners and edges.
As it is a pressure side pool cleaner, so it will depend on the water circulation pump of your pool. The vacuum is powerful and powered by triple jets and advanced cleaning tech. It roams all around the pool with three wheels beneath and intakes dirt as big as dead leaves and pebbles. For that, it has a large opening.
To work with that power and efficiency, it doesn’t even need a booster pump. So, imagine if you use a booster pump, what will be the end result. The biggest of the dirt will be intake by it.
Connect the 31 feet long hose with the pressurized line and let the vacuum scrub, sweep, and clean your in-ground fool thoroughly. It reaches the pool wall and scrubs them well.
It has a large capacity single chamber filter bag to take all the dirt and debris from the pool. So, no backwash, no filter cleaning, and a long-lasting filtration system.
3. Best Suction Side Pool Cleaner: Pentair Kreepy Krauly Warrior
Bigger wheels pave the way to roll faster and clean better. So you will find Pentair kreepy krauly warriors with the robust and bigger wheels. Again, the wheel runs itself propelled by the automatic programmed steering cycle. Let’s tell you everything about this amazing pool cleaner below
The first feature that comes to our sight is its automatic-steering technology, making the Pentair a two-wheel unbeatable robotic cleaner. Turns out, it skims through many places of a pool underwater without leaving any place uncovered. The intelligent integrated design ensures to clean any tight corners as well. Moreover, smart driving is quite efficient so it takes the least time under the surface to bring out all large or little debris.
A robotic pool cleaner with its easy movement makes it faster while cleaning up the surface. Thankfully, Pentair has designed it in such a way so it can take 90-degree sharp turning. Again, the cornering agility is praiseworthy as well so it can easily go hard to reach areas whether climbing or moving both.
The quick-release latch will ensure fast and easy servicing. After cleaning the pool, servicing the cleaner is important to prepare the cleaner for the next cleaning process. The Pentair cleaner will give you the chance to service the cleaner.
Easy to put together
A robotic pool cleaner often comes with so many installation guidelines while putting together. But, the Kreepy Krauly version won’t give you the hard time as you can fix it without using any tool. All you need to do is to snap the hose into the suction. Furthermore, we didn’t get to see any moving parts that will limit you while setting up. Overall, it takes only 15 minutes right from the moment you will unbox it.
With its 2-wheel compact design, the Pentair cleaner reaches every corner of the pool to clean thoroughly. Even if you have tight space, it can easily reach there. However, the wheels cannot overcome the uneven surface that makes the cleaning difficult. Not every time the cleaner will get an even surface.
For that, the cleaner features a roller skirt design that can overcome any obstacles to ensure continuous cleaning. No matter you have an even surface or uneven surface with dirt and debris, it can effectively clean the pool.
Our overall rating of Pentair Kreepy Krauly Warrior is 8 out of 10. The reason we didn’t give 10 out of 10 is that it’s a drawback with the suctioning power. Yes, it lacks to have the immersive suction power. However, it seems good for the above ground pool especially when you have small debris around the tight corners. Well, this is the downside and the upside of it is its dual-band adjustment, turns out it ensures unmatched scrubbing. Lastly, the pool cleaner pricing spiked high but a robotic cleaner deserves it, indeed.
4. Advanced Suction Side Cleaner: BARACUDA G3 Inground Suction Pool Cleaner
The Barracuda like its namesake slashes through the water in search of prey. In this case, it is looking for dirt, plant debris, and dead bugs. One-moving-part-technology is its secret.
The Barracuda is one of the most popular inground pool cleaners you can get on the market today. It has multiple features that make it flexible and easy to use by almost anyone. The unit is virtually silent, wouldn’t disturb your afternoon siesta in your hammock, and while you are napping it rapidly covers the interior of your pool scrubbing away dirt, removing algae, and slime.
Inside of the Barracuda, you have its patented Flowkeeper Valve that regulars proper water flow and controls operations even when your pump is running at low speed and power. While it is moving about its Wheel Defector is ensuring that there are no hang-ups as it scurries about the walls and floor of your pool. Finally, 36 fins help propel the unit as well as remove all the grime and dirt that accumulates in an outdoor pool that your Baracuda G3 rids you of all like magic.
- Make sure you get a warranty, or you would get any replacement diaphragms if they tear.
- It liked my drain too much as it hung around it no matter what I did.
- Don’t lose the warranty card. Rubber and plastic fail. Make sure you know what is covered and not. Then ask your pool supplier to stock up what you need. Assume the worst and be prepared and you will be happier with your pool and your robot.
5. Best for Vinyl and Fiberglass Pool: Pentair GW9500 Pool Cleaner
The “Great White” gets it all and cleans almost any material out there from vinyl to fiberglass. Let it loose in your pool, and you will be amazed at the results.
The “Great White” is a Fully Automatic InGround Pool cleaner that lives up to its name, as it cuts a 15″ swath through anything that is grudging up your pools floor or walls. It has a specially designed turning system that allows it to turn on a dime and no obstacle can deter it from getting that last bit of dirt or remove the debris that drifts into your pool from trees, bushes and drowned insects.
It also can clean any surface that your pool is lined with. If you are using stamped concrete to give the appearance of marble or other fashionable appearance, it will clean it like the Venus Dimilo in the museum. However, it also handles vinyl, fiberglass, and ceramic surfaces as well.
If you want safety, the vacuum port snaps shut via spring-loaded trapdoor that prevents accidents. It also installs quickly right out of the box, and it is ready to go.
- Couldn’t get mine to go into the shallow end of the pool.
- What do we use to keep our pools sanitary? Chlorine! What does Chlorine do to rubber and plastics? Make sure you have your local pool outlet stocks the rubber parts and replacement items for your pool cleaner.
- Don’t store the unit or its hoses out on the deck. Store it in a shed out of sunlight. Particularly in the western states.
6. Best for Powerful Suction: Pentair 360042 In Ground Suction Pool Cleaner
Fewer moving parts that can wear out or break, the Kreepy Krauly meanders about your pool and removes unwanted dirt, insects, and other debris that ends up in pools today.
With only one moving part you have a pool cleaner that can run for years before needing replacement. It also is designed to take maximum advantage of your suction system, and that means you save cash on having to purchase a booster pump to ensure your pool is cleaned properly.
This latest version of the “Kreepy Krauly” has been redesigned from the ground up to better able to clean at the waterline, which makes the 3 million plus owners of this unit even happier than ever before.
Therefore, with low maintenance costs, ergonomic design changes, and enhanced utilization of your pumping system you can see why more people turn to the “Krauly” when they want their pools cleaned.
However, that’s only the half of it. Should you need parts or add-ons pool stores all over the country stock what you need. There is a “Clear Leaf” trap as well as other accessories you can get.
- Mine had trouble doing corners.
- Does not seem to work well with fiberglass pools.
- Died after 3 months of use.
- Angular stairs can give even the best pool robot fits. Your best bet is to either have rounded steps or find an alternative way to clean them.
- The same can also be said about corners of a pool. You need to match the shape of the robot to the contours of your pool.
7. Best for Performance: Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Cleaner
Small and lightweight, It’s easy to manage, and it gets your pool cleaned in about 2 hours and from then on you can do what you will with your freshly cleaned pool.
Nautilus is a pool cleaner made to handle even those larger pools. You know, ones 50 feet long. That might balk some of the other cleaning robots. But, not the big “N” it does the walls, and the floor of your InGround Pool like an Olympic ice skater covers the arena ice.
The entire unit is self-contained and requires no connections to your pool’s pumps. It automatically scans your pool’s dimensions like a nuclear submarine mapping the ocean floor. Then it begins its work. You don’t have to program it or anything else for that matter. It is autonomous and programs itself. In around 2-3 hours, it has finished its job, and all you have to do is pop out the filter for cleaning.
Dolphins Nautilus comes with a special “Spring Cleaning filter that handles the initial first cleaning of your pool after the winter thaw. So, now you have a Plug-N-Play robot that works unsupervised and you pool becomes spotless in almost no time.
- Customer service needs improvement.
- You could have power supply issues with this unit. Check to make sure you keep your warranty information.
- Pool cleaners do not like leaves. Get used to it. Have a skimmer net to remove palm, oak, and other large leaves from the surface of the pool.
- It is always good to know where to get a pool cleaner serviced, like emails and sending items back and forth can be a hassle that is often easier to have fixed locally.
8. Best Robotic Pool Vacuum: Polaris Sport In Ground Robotic Vacuum
With 4-Wheel Drive and Vortex Technology, you have a pool cleaner that is in a class all its own. It navigates by itself and even irregularly shaped pools are easily cleaned, quick and efficiently.
Built to look like a high-performance race car it does just that in your pool. A rear propulsor drives it on 4 Aqua-Trak wheels that ensure traction throughout your pools area. It has a sophisticated navigation system that allows it to cover any shaped pool you have ever seen. It has a built-in sensor system that monitors its activity while it cleans anything that doesn’t belong in your pool’s water.
You also can program your F9550 for 7 days of activity and in a pinch; you can take control via remote control. If that’s not enough then its Vortex Vacuum Technology that adjusts automatically to you pumping system to ensure maximum cleaning power and finally, you get a caddy that helps you move the unit away from the pool when you want to be using your pool for fun.
- Flips over
- Tangles its cord
- Wires can be tangled. So, a wire untangler is a nice addition to put on the cable. You can find them on Amazon or eBay.
- Do remember to clean the filter. Do it right after you get it out of the water. Waiting is not a good idea.
- Store the caddy out of direct sunlight, and it will last longer.
9. Best Budget Pool Cleaner: XtremepowerUS Automatic Pool Vacuum
We have here the ultimate in Kreepy technology that takes the work out of cleaning a pool fast and easy. It gets the work done, and it is less expensive than the other crawlers out there today.
It is one of the few InGround Pool Cleaners that with does the regardless of the size or shape of your pool. It doesn’t matter if it is round, square, rectangular or an amorphous blob shaped pool. XtremepowerUS does require a little help from you as you need to be sure your pool setup includes a 3/4 hp pump motor. Then from there just stand back as it goes to work. XtremepowerUS will undulate its way around your pool, and when it has finished with its endeavors, you have a spotless pool to show all your friends.
The KK, requires no external power as it operates on the movement of the suction power your pool filtration system provides and that means fewer headaches for you as well as a lower electric bill. Everything comes ready to go with no extras to buy. It will install in just a few moments using no tool save those given to you my Mother Nature.
- The flapper has too close a tolerance, and it can choke on leaves.
- Its hoses are smaller diameter than the original KK, and so they can be blocked.
- We agree with many owners. Add a washer to put a bit more space on the flapper. You’ll thank us later.
- Smaller intakes mean smaller debris size. Check the local trees and plants. Then get a skimmer if needed or a larger intake.
10. Best for Large Pool: Hayward Poolvergnuegen Inground Pool Cleaner
The “Poolcleaner” is a robotic pool cleaner that you can preprogram to handle the shape and size of your pool. With its 2-wheel drive, it cleans your pool in nothing flat.
It climbs over obstacles like an underwater tank and leaves in its wake a spotlessly clean pool. Dead bugs, leaves, and dirt vanish as if by magic. It steers itself and covers the whole pool quickly.
Two wheels along with self-adjusting turbine vanes propel this little marvel over a 16′ X 32′ pool with ease. As it makes its rounds over your concrete InGround Pool it removes debris from leaves, dirt, algae build up and just plain slime if you haven’t gotten around to shocking your pool. It has an internally programmed navigation system that takes it anywhere and everywhere in your pool. Since your concrete pool is perhaps uneven in spots., that’s not a show stopper as the “Poolcleaner” has an automatically adjusting roller skirt that ensures a tight fitting seal for sucking up dirt and foreign objects that would otherwise mar you pool’s beauty.
The wheels themselves are designed for maximum traction on any surface that it encounters. The “Poolcleaner” once it gets moving, and it will not be deterred by drain covers, steps, or any protrusions anywhere in your pool that keeps it from doing its job.
- Interior flappers can become misaligned, and you have to reset them by hand.
- Make sure you have a pump that has the power to run the unit or it doesn’t work very well.
- Check out the videos on the cleaner’s website as they have the new changes and features that haven’t made it to Amazon yet.
- Install the new largemouth inlet if you have a leaf problem.
- Do not leave the hoses out in the sun. They will over time turn brittle, crack, and start leaking.
11. Best for Wall Climbing: Zodiac MX6 Suction Side Pool Cleaner
Using cyclonic action, it runs merrily about your pool sucking up bugs, dirt, and debris quickly and efficiently. You program it for the best results, and then it goes on its way.
Besides Cyclonic action which maximizes the water flow from two-speed or multi-speed pump systems the MX6 also uses its articulating turbine to overcome and obstacles as it’s mini-treads maneuver this robotic helper all of your pool’s surfaces. The connection to the various hoses is simplified with unique swiveling hoses and an automatic Weir Valve that allows for positive water flow and precise control of the sucking action. In addition to this, you have quick connect/disconnect hoses that make installation and operation as simple as one, two, and three.
The Zodiac is comes equipped with all the usual bells and whistles like a Flow Regulator Valve, a hose float, and a hose protector as well.
However, aside from the technology, The MX6 is just an InGround Pool Cleaner that kicks butt. It attacks walls and climbs them like a Gecko lizard after a bug. It cleans dead bugs better than a Gecko can catch them.
- You need a 25-gallon suction to get it to work right.
- Larger leaves clog the suction intake.
- Make sure your pump can do 25 gallons per minute for best operation.
- Fish out long twigs by hand as with this or any other pool cleaner will clog.
- Make sure you have enough hose to handle your pool size.
- If you have a lot of leaves, the optional leaf canister is something you should look into having.
What is a Robotic Swimming Pool Cleaner?
Robotic pool cleaner led by itself since it comes with the integrated cheapest. That being said, a robotic pool cleaner is an automatic choice to clean your pool without getting your hands on it. Depending on the variable pool shape and type it comes with a different variation like power mode, shape, with or without wheel.
How it works
If you want to know how it works then we must say it works by using super flexible electrical motors. It is because it’s delivering more power but consuming the least energy to propel it. Like other vac-cleaner, it also comes with a filter system to suck up the debris.
Once you will get to see the types of robotic cleaner then you will find them it has a rotating brush that helps to gather algae and any stubborn dirt or debris.
What is a Pressure Side Inground Pool Cleaner?
A pressure-side pool cleaner connects either the return outlet of your pool or the pressure cleaner point. By the way, both of these are the last part of your pool’s filtration system. Once the filtration process is done then the pump releases water without debris or dirt into the pool. Let us not forget to tell you some of the pressure side pool cleaners come with an attached bag where it can constantly collect debris. Turns out, it enables your pool to experience a natural filtration process. However, to avail of such technology, your pool should come with a dedicated booster pump or some pool cleaner come with the adjustments.
How it works
If you want to know how a pressure side pool cleaner works then let’s begin with the high-pressure side pool cleaner. This type of pressure side pool cleaner comes with the most immersive pressure around 30 PSI to execute. The good side is it ensures consistent flow using a booster pump. Again, it has a time clock for when it can schedule cleanings turns out, it may automatically start and stop while needed.
On the other hand, another type is low pressure based cleaner. This kind of pressure-side pool cleaner works at low PSI around 15 to 17 and it requires somewhat a larger hose which is around one and a half in diameter. It enforces less power and comparatively more affordable.
What is a Suction-Side Swimming Pool Cleaner?
We have already talked about suction side cleaners. Well. it comes simply functional with the filtration pump without having the booster pump like pressure side one. Turns out, it can separately dig deeper and bring debris while returning them to the pump basket.
How it works
A suction side pool cleaner works hooking up with the nearby hose where a pump connects through a skimmer. By the way, in other words, the skimmer is called a vacuum port as well. Such kinds of ports appear like small bowl areas where it is connected with a pool, again has a basket too.
Once you will get started with a suction cleaner then you will need to let it inside the water and connect with a hose. Afterwards, fill the hose completely with water and then close the lid of a skimmer. So this is how a suction side pool cleaner works!
How do I clean my inground pool?
Concrete, fiberglass, or vinyl-lined, be it any in-ground pool; they need proper cleaning regularly. Using a dirty pool is not good for the people who are spending a good chunk of their leisure time in the pool. To clean your in-ground pool, you will need proper tools. You can do it manually with different tools, or you can simply use automatic pool cleaner, suction or pressure side, or manual. The vacuums except the manual one reach all the edges, nooks, and corners by themselves. But with a slight effort of yours or the pool pump. With the manual one, you, yourself, clean the pool walls and bottom with the vacuum. The same applies when you use a telescopic pole, skimmer net, and pool brush for a manual in-ground pool cleaning.
The easiest way will be to drop a robotic vacuum in the pool water. It will clean, not just the bottom but the whole pool. And if that is expensive, there are other vacuums and ways. First is to take a pool brush and attach it to a telescopic pole and simply scrub it all. Pretty tough, but more importantly, time and energy-consuming. So, just invest either on the pressure or suction side vacuum. Both these vacuums depend on the pool pump. Suction side vacuums suck the dirt even from the bottom with the help of the main filtration system. You need to backwash the filter. But a pressure side vacuum uses specifically the pressurized water of the pump and cleans the dirt from the pool, which includes the bottom as well. No backwash required.
How often should I vacuum my pool?
If you are cleaning your pool once a week then it seems fine. Aside from that, if you ever get to see any leftovers like large debris, leaves, or dirt then try to get your hands on cleaning right away.
Is it okay to leave a pool vacuum in the pool?
Leaving a pool vacuum for a few hours seems okay but if you leave it underwater for days then it will decay from the corrosive chemicals. Over time, it will slowly damage the cleaner so keep it outside once you are done with the cleaning.
Why is my pool dirty after I’ve vacuumed it?
Well, there are so many reasons out there but the most common one is with the poor filter condition. Seems like if your filter is not working then oftentimes you will find your dirty pool even after vacuuming.
What is the difference between the above-ground and in-ground pool cleaner?
The main difference between them is the depths and suctioning process. The inground pool is deep and thus it requires more power while setting up a pool pump. On the other hand, the above ground pool is not that deep and it takes less effort from a pool pump.
What to Look for in an Inground Pool Cleaners
In today’s, review article we made your search for the best InGround Pool vacuum easier. We have a criterion that lets us cut through the hype and find out the truth behind the scenes.
- We first look at the best sellers, as this is a good indicator of the popularity and acceptance of the product.
- From this first pass, we compare the technologies used to solve the problem. We then look deeper to see if they actually get the job done.
- Next, we need to analyze what the owner’s thoughts are paying close attention to the negatives over the positives. This gives us a picture of the worst-case scenario for each product.
- Then we give a weighing value to the positives to the negatives to see what the overall feeling is about the product.
- The positives must outweigh the negatives by a high ratio, or we move on to the next product on our list.
- The pool robots are then stack-ranked, and we only list those who offer the best Price and Performance vs. Perceived negatives.
- Finally, we look at support issues, as all products fail at one time or another and how you regain the functionality of a given robot is crucial to your happiness and whether you would purchase another or a similar type from that maker.
- Brands? They are nice but lately too many product makers outsource their products manufacturing to Third World venues.
- Brand is becoming a hollow indicator of quality. We prefer the real world results to a name.
Having the best inground pool cleaners is one of the blessings of the modern age. However, keeping one clean and ready for fun can be a backbreaking chore, and the price of pool servicing has gone through the roof.
Therefore, a robot is the obvious choice, as you do not have to pay it by the hour and it is on the job 24/7. They don’t do a perfect job of course, but you do not have to worry about getting your hands dirty or hire a pool service. Today, you can have a robot helper that will do the job unsupervised, and the best thing about it is that it works at night, on weekends, and you do not have to pay overtime.
You have just seen 11 of the best currently available. They are not perfect. However, they all make the job of cleaning your pool much easier and save you time. That way, you can enjoy your pool and not have to be cleaning it instead.