Spring is here, and summer is coming is your pool ready? Are you ready to shake off the Winter Blues? Well, it is time to start planning pool parties and backyard barbecues again. Fire up the grill and get ready for a great time by your pool.
But, have you taken a look at your pool? You may need to spruce it up a bit before you invite guests over to enjoy your culinary skills and your InGround Pool. Luckily, we have reviews on 8 best InGround Pool Cleaners that’ll do the job in no time. Then you can enjoy your pool and all the fun and excitement it brings into your spring and summer.
- 1 Top 8 Best Inground Pool Cleaners Review 2020
- 1.1 1. BARACUDA G3 W03000 Advanced Suction Side Pool Cleaner
- 1.2 2. Pentair GW9500 Inground Pool Cleaner
- 1.3 3. Pentair 360042 Suction-Side Cleaner
- 1.4 4. Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 1.5 5. Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic Vacuum
- 1.6 6. XtremepowerUS Automatic Pool Cleaner
- 1.7 7. Hayward Poolvergnuegen 896584000013 PoolCleaner
- 1.8 8. Zodiac MX6 In Ground Pool Cleaners Review
Top 8 Best Inground Pool Cleaners Review 2020
|Check Best Price|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
Polaris Sport Robotic
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
1. BARACUDA G3 W03000 Advanced Suction Side Pool Cleaner
The Barracuda like its namesake slashes through the water in search of prey. In this case, it is looking for dirt, plant debris, and dead bugs. One-moving-part-technology is its secret.
The Barracuda is one of the most popular InGround Pool cleaners you can get on the market today. It has multiple features that make it flexible and easy to use by almost anyone. The unit is virtually silent, wouldn’t disturb your afternoon siesta in your hammock, and while you are napping it rapidly covers the interior of your pool scrubbing away dirt, removing algae, and slime.
Inside of the Barracuda, you have its patented Flowkeeper Valve that regulars proper water flow and controls operations even when your pump is running at low speed and power. While it is moving about its Wheel Defector is ensuring that there are no hang-ups as it scurries about the walls and floor of your pool. Finally, 36 fins help propel the unit as well as remove all the grime and dirt that accumulates in an outdoor pool that your Barracuda rids you of all like magic.
- Make sure you get a warranty, or you would get any replacement diaphragms if they tear.
- It liked my drain too much as it hung around it no matter what I did.
- Don’t lose the warranty card. Rubber and plastic fail. Make sure you know what is covered and not. Then ask your pool supplier to stock up what you need. Assume the worst and be prepared and you will be happier with your pool and your robot.
Read Full Review: BARACUDA G3
2. Pentair GW9500 Inground Pool Cleaner
The “Great White” gets it all and cleans almost any material out there from vinyl to fiberglass. Let it loose in your pool, and you will be amazed at the results.
The “Great White” is a Fully Automatic InGround Pool cleaner that lives up to its name, as it cuts a 15″ swath through anything that is grudging up your pools floor or walls. It has a specially designed turning system that allows it to turn on a dime and no obstacle can deter it from getting that last bit of dirt or remove the debris that drifts into your pool from trees, bushes and drowned insects.
It also can clean any surface that your pool is lined with. If you are using stamped concrete to give the appearance of marble or other fashionable appearance, it will clean it like the Venus Dimilo in the museum. However, it also handles vinyl, fiberglass, and ceramic surfaces as well.
If you want safety, the vacuum port snaps shut via spring-loaded trapdoor that prevents accidents. It also installs quickly right out of the box, and it is ready to go.
- Couldn’t get mine to go into the shallow end of the pool.
- What do we use to keep our pools sanitary? Chlorine! What does Chlorine do to rubber and plastics? Make sure you have your local pool outlet stocks the rubber parts and replacement items for your pool cleaner.
- Don’t store the unit or its hoses out on the deck. Store it in a shed out of sunlight. Particularly in the western states.
3. Pentair 360042 Suction-Side Cleaner
Fewer moving parts that can wear out or break, the Kreepy Krauly meanders about your pool and removes unwanted dirt, insects, and other debris that ends up in pools today.
With only one moving part you have a pool cleaner that can run for years before needing replacement. It also is designed to take maximum advantage of your suction system, and that means you save cash on having to purchase a booster pump to ensure your pool is cleaned properly.
This latest version of the “Kreepy Krauly” has been redesigned from the ground up to better able to clean at the waterline, which makes the 3 million plus owners of this unit even happier than ever before.
Therefore, with low maintenance costs, ergonomic design changes, and enhanced utilization of your pumping system you can see why more people turn to the “Krauly” when they want their pools cleaned.
However, that’s only the half of it. Should you need parts or add-ons pool stores all over the country stock what you need. There is a “Clear Leaf” trap as well as other accessories you can get.
- Mine had trouble doing corners.
- Does not seem to work well with fiberglass pools.
- Died after 3 months of use.
- Angular stairs can give even the best pool robot fits. Your best bet is to either have rounded steps or find an alternative way to clean them.
- The same can also be said about corners of a pool. You need to match the shape of the robot to the contours of your pool.
4. Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner
Small and lightweight, It’s easy to manage, and it gets your pool cleaned in about 2 hours and from then on you can do what you will with your freshly cleaned pool.
Nautilus is a pool cleaner made to handle even those larger pools. You know, ones 50 feet long. That might balk some of the other cleaning robots. But, not the big “N” it does the walls, and the floor of your InGround Pool like an Olympic ice skater covers the arena ice.
The entire unit is self-contained and requires no connections to your pool’s pumps. It automatically scans your pool’s dimensions like a nuclear submarine mapping the ocean floor. Then it begins its work. You don’t have to program it or anything else for that matter. It is autonomous and programs itself. In around 2-3 hours, it has finished its job, and all you have to do is pop out the filter for cleaning.
Dolphins comes with a special “Spring Cleaning filter that handles the initial first cleaning of your pool after the winter thaw. So, now you have a Plug-N-Play robot that works unsupervised and you pool becomes spotless in almost no time.
- Customer service needs improvement.
- You could have power supply issues with this unit. Check to make sure you keep your warranty information.
- Pool cleaners do not like leaves. Get used to it. Have a skimmer net to remove palm, oak, and other large leaves from the surface of the pool.
- It is always good to know where to get a pool cleaner serviced, like emails and sending items back and forth can be a hassle that is often easier to have fixed locally.
Read Full Review: Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner
5. Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic Vacuum
With 4-Wheel Drive and Vortex Technology, you have a pool cleaner that is in a class all its own. It navigates by itself and even irregularly shaped pools are easily cleaned, quick and efficiently.
This is the Crème Del La Crème of InGround Pool Cleaners. Built to look like a high-performance race car it does just that in your pool. A rear propulsor drives it on 4 Aqua-Trak wheels that ensure traction throughout your pools area. It has a sophisticated navigation system that allows it to cover any shaped pool you have ever seen. It has a built-in sensor system that monitors its activity while it cleans anything that doesn’t belong in your pool’s water.
You also can program your F9550 for 7 days of activity and in a pinch; you can take control via remote control. If that’s not enough then its Vortex Vacuum Technology that adjusts automatically to you pumping system to ensure maximum cleaning power and finally, you get a caddy that helps you move the unit away from the pool when you want to be using your pool for fun.
- Flips over
- Tangles its cord
- Wires can be tangled. So, a wire untangler is a nice addition to put on the cable. You can find them on Amazon or eBay.
- Do remember to clean the filter. Do it right after you get it out of the water. Waiting is not a good idea.
- Store the caddy out of direct sunlight, and it will last longer.
6. XtremepowerUS Automatic Pool Cleaner
We have here the ultimate in Kreepy technology that takes the work out of cleaning a pool fast and easy. It gets the work done, and it is less expensive than the other crawlers out there today.
This best pool cleaners is one of the few InGround Pool Cleaners that with does the regardless of the size or shape of your pool. It doesn’t matter if it is round, square, rectangular or an amorphous blob shaped pool. It does require a little help from you as you need to be sure your pool setup includes a 3/4 hp pump motor. Then from there just stand back as it goes to work. XtremepowerUS will undulate its way around your pool, and when it has finished with its endeavors, you have a spotless pool to show all your friends.
The KK, requires no external power as it operates on the movement of the suction power your pool filtration system provides and that means fewer headaches for you as well as a lower electric bill. Everything comes ready to go with no extras to buy. It will install in just a few moments using no tool save those given to you my Mother Nature.
- The flapper has too close a tolerance, and it can choke on leaves.
- Its hoses are smaller diameter than the original KK, and so they can be blocked.
- We agree with many owners. Add a washer to put a bit more space on the flapper. You’ll thank us later.
- Smaller intakes mean smaller debris size. Check the local trees and plants. Then get a skimmer if needed or a larger intake.
7. Hayward Poolvergnuegen 896584000013 PoolCleaner
The “Poolcleaner” is a robotic pool cleaner that you can preprogram to handle the shape and size of your pool. With its 2-wheel drive, it cleans your pool in nothing flat.
It climbs over obstacles like an underwater tank and leaves in its wake a spotlessly clean pool. Dead bugs, leaves, and dirt vanish as if by magic. It steers itself and covers the whole pool quickly.
Two wheels along with self-adjusting turbine vanes propel this little marvel over a 16′ X 32′ pool with ease. As it makes its rounds over your concrete InGround Pool it removes debris from leaves, dirt, algae build up and just plain slime if you haven’t gotten around to shocking your pool. It has an internally programmed navigation system that takes it anywhere and everywhere in your pool. Since your concrete pool is perhaps uneven in spots., that’s not a show stopper as the “Poolcleaner” has an automatically adjusting roller skirt that ensures a tight fitting seal for sucking up dirt and foreign objects that would otherwise mar you pool’s beauty.
The wheels themselves are designed for maximum traction on any surface that it encounters. The “Poolcleaner” once it gets moving, and it will not be deterred by drain covers, steps, or any protrusions anywhere in your pool that keeps it from doing its job.
- Interior flappers can become misaligned, and you have to reset them by hand.
- Make sure you have a pump that has the power to run the unit or it doesn’t work very well.
- Check out the videos on the cleaner’s website as they have the new changes and features that haven’t made it to Amazon yet.
- Install the new largemouth inlet if you have a leaf problem.
- Do not leave the hoses out in the sun. They will over time turn brittle, crack, and start leaking.
8. Zodiac MX6 In Ground Pool Cleaners Review
Using cyclonic action, it runs merrily about your pool sucking up bugs, dirt, and debris quickly and efficiently. You program it for the best results, and then it goes on its way.
Besides Cyclonic action which maximizes the water flow from two-speed or multi-speed pump systems the MX6 also uses its articulating turbine to overcome and obstacles as it’s mini-treads maneuver this robotic helper all of your pool’s surfaces. The connection to the various hoses is simplified with unique swiveling hoses and an automatic Weir Valve that allows for positive water flow and precise control of the sucking action. In addition to this, you have quick connect/disconnect hoses that make installation and operation as simple as one, two, and three.
The Zodiac is comes equipped with all the usual bells and whistles like a Flow Regulator Valve, a hose float, and a hose protector as well.
However, aside from the technology, The MX6 is just an InGround Pool Cleaner that kicks butt. It attacks walls and climbs them like a Gecko lizard after a bug. It cleans dead bugs better than a Gecko can catch them.
- You need a 25-gallon suction to get it to work right.
- Larger leaves clog the suction intake.
- Make sure your pump can do 25 gallons per minute for best operation.
- Fish out long twigs by hand as with this or any other pool cleaner will clog.
- Make sure you have enough hose to handle your pool size.
- If you have a lot of leaves, the optional leaf canister is something you should look into having.
The How’s and Whys we choose the Best Inground Pool Cleaners
In today’s, review article we made your search for the best InGround Pool vacuum easier. We have a criterion that lets us cut through the hype and find out the truth behind the scenes.
- We first look at the best sellers, as this is a good indicator of the popularity and acceptance of the product.
- From this first pass, we compare the technologies used to solve the problem. We then look deeper to see if they actually get the job done.
- Next, we need to analyze what the owner’s thoughts are paying close attention to the negatives over the positives. This gives us a picture of the worst-case scenario for each product.
- Then we give a weighing value to the positives to the negatives to see what the overall feeling is about the product.
- The positives must outweigh the negatives by a high ratio, or we move on to the next product on our list.
- The pool robots are then stack-ranked, and we only list those who offer the best Price and Performance vs. Perceived negatives.
- Finally, we look at support issues, as all products fail at one time or another and how you regain the functionality of a given robot is crucial to your happiness and whether you would purchase another or a similar type from that maker.
- Brands? They are nice but lately too many product makers outsource their products manufacturing to Third World venues.
- Brand is becoming a hollow indicator of quality. We prefer the real world results to a name.
Having the best InGround Pool Cleaners is one of the blessings of the modern age. However, keeping one clean and ready for fun can be a backbreaking chore, and the price of pool servicing has gone through the roof.
Therefore, a robot is the obvious choice, as you do not have to pay it by the hour and it is on the job 24/7. They don’t do a perfect job of course, but you do not have to worry about getting your hands dirty or hire a pool service. Today, you can have a robot helper that will do the job unsupervised, and the best thing about it is that it works at night, on weekends, and you do not have to pay overtime.
You have just seen 8 of the best currently available. They are not perfect. However, they all make the job of cleaning your pool much easier and save you time. That way, you can enjoy your pool and not have to be cleaning it instead.