Hardwood floors are known for their stylish design and attractive look they give to the floors. We all aim at maintaining the shiny finishing in our hardwood floors. Among the things we do to maintain the fine finishing of our hardwood floors is to mop them. Hardwood is a fragile material; hence, the method of mopping it should be keenly chosen if at all, we aim at keeping its new look.
Among the materials, you will need to clean a hardwood floor is a vacuum cleaner. To keep your floor well, you will need a high-quality cleaning material. I fully understand that purchasing an item is not a bed of roses, especially with a lot of counterfeit items at our disposal. In this article, I will highlight the main factors you will need to put in consideration to get the best floor vacuum and mop. I will also suggest the best hardwood floor vacuum cleaners.
- 1 Top 10 Best Hardwood Floor Vacuum And Mop Comparison Table
- 2 Top 10 Best Hardwood Floor Vacuum And Mop Reviews 2020
- 2.1 1. BISSELL Croswave Wet-dry Vacuum
- 2.2 2. BISSELL Cordless All in One Vacuum Mop
- 2.3 3. TACKLIFE Professional Wet/Dry Vacuum
- 2.4 4. Tineco iFLOOR Hard Floors Vacuum and Mop
- 2.5 5. Roborock S5 Robot Vacuum and Mop
- 2.6 6. Bissell Symphony Pet Vacuum Cleaner and Mop
- 2.7 7. Roborock E25 Robot Vacuum Mop
- 2.8 8. BISSELL Crosswave Pet Pro All in One Cleaner
- 2.9 9. Shark ZZ550 Sonic Duo Hard Floor Cleaner
- 2.10 10. ILIFE V8s Robotic Vacuum and Mop
- 2.11 Best Hardwood Floor Vacuum And Steamer Buying Guide
- 2.12 Final Thoughts
Top 10 Best Hardwood Floor Vacuum And Mop Comparison Table
BISSELL Croswave Wet-dry vacuum
|Check Best Price|
BISSELL Cordless All in One Vacuum Mop
|Check On Amazon|
TACKLIFE Professional Wet/Dry Vacuum
|Check On Amazon|
Tineco iFLOOR Hard Floors Vacuum and Mop
|Check On Amazon|
Roborock S5 Robot Vacuum and Mop
|Check On Amazon|
Bissell Symphony Pet Vacuum Cleaner and Mop
|Check On Amazon|
Roborock E25 Robot Vacuum Mop
|Check On Amazon|
BISSELL Crosswave Pet Pro All in One Cleaner
|Check On Amazon|
Shark ZZ550 Sonic Duo Hard Floor Cleaner
|Check On Amazon|
ILIFE V8s Robotic Vacuum and Mop
|Check On Amazon|
How often should you vacuum hardwood floors?
Dusting is essential to keep your house clean and healthy. So, if you are not vacuuming every day just because you have hardwood floors and think this might damage it, then think again. Because frankly, hardwood floors are not that delicate.
Vacuuming of a hardwood floor can be easily turned into a daily activity, especially when you have pets and kids. Pet hair, paw prints, dust, everything can be cleaned with a vacuum. Just make sure to invest in a vacuum that is made for cleaning the hardwood floors. That way, you can be sure of not damaging the expensive surface.
At least once a week, vacuuming of hardwood floors is highly recommended. The frequency depends on who is living in your house, dust allergy patients, kids or pets, how many people are living there, whether you have pets and uncontrollable pet hairs, and lastly, heavily used rooms.
How often should floors be mopped?
While dusting can be done every day, even twice if you are allergic to dust and have time in hand, mopping can be done thrice, a week at best. Especially when you have kids or pets in the house.
Kids and pets are prone to get sick if the surface is not clean because most of their time is spent sitting and lying on the floor. Furthermore, they do not take a minute to lick the surface, even take things from the floor in their mouth. So, for caution, one needs to wet mop, at least thrice a week.
Many times, people prefer once a week mopping. But that is done when you have less traffic in the house. The rooms and spaces that you use every day must be wet mopped thrice or four times a week.
Yes, if you want, you can mop once a month, but that is your personal decision, not a norm nor healthy. In our opinion, thrice a week wet mopping in heavy traffic areas and once a week in spaces that you hardly use are the best inclusion.
Is there a vacuum that also mops?
Yes, there are vacuums that also mop and deep clean. These are mainly called wet-dry vacuums. There are quite a few of them in the market. Bissell Crosswave has several versions, and Symphony is Bissell’s other popular vacuum that mops. It’s a steam mop as well as a vacuum. Then you have Eufy, Roborock, and beyond.
These all make high-quality vacuums that do all the dusting, mopping, and thorough cleaning with one single tool. You are going to need different attachments, but even then, it remains a single machine. Also, all the accessories come with the machine.
For instance, if you have a Bissell Crosswave, then dust the surface with its pet roll brush. Then fill the water tank with water and, if needed, mix the solution in it. One can start mopping the surface without switching to another tool.
Top 10 Best Hardwood Floor Vacuum And Mop Reviews 2020
In this part, I will give suggestions on the best hardwood vacuum cleaners you can buy.
1. BISSELL Croswave Wet-dry Vacuum
Keep your floor eye appealing with BISSELL croswave floor and carpet cleaner with a wet-dry vacuum at all times. It is an 11.02 ponds weight item that can clean the sealed wood, tiles, area rugs, laminated floors, linoleum and many more.
This item has a very innovative design with a dual rotating brush at 3500 RPM. It is time convenient and cleans better than a bucket and sponge mop. Besides this, it has a switch that enables you to shift the surfaces in a very short time. This floor and carpet cleaner with a wet dry vacuum has a power rating of 4.4 amps.
- It has a two-tank system to ensure your cleaning is done using fresh formula and mix of water.
- This item has an easily removable brush roll and brush window that ensures the replacement is very simple.
- Bissell crosswave floor and carpet cleaner with wet-dry vacuum has a smart touch control system for easy switching between hard floors and area rugs.
- This cleaning item can collect debris and mop at the same time hence very time-saving.
- The dirt tank of Bissell vacuum and mop combo has a holding capacity of 14.5oz and water tank of 28oz.
- Maneuvering around the floor is quite simple with the swivel steering.
- Vacuums and washes your floor simultaneously.
- Has separate water tanks for dirty and clean water.
- Works well on various surfaces.
- Easy to use and maintain.
- Designed with a dirt collection at the bottom.
- Complaisant of dirty streaks.
- The motor burns fast.
2. BISSELL Cordless All in One Vacuum Mop
BISSELL 2554A CrossWave is a cordless cleaner that runs with a powerful 36V lithium-ion battery. Once fully charged, it runs and cleans the surfaces for up to half an hour.
It is a safe, multi-surface cleaner. That means, not just all the hard surfaces and sealed hardwood floors, this one cleans the rugs well too. Once wet and dry cleaned with this cleaner, the area rugs get a refreshing feel to it.
If cleaning the mess and dirt along the baseboards were your prime issue, then heave a sigh of relief right now. This one cleans the corners and lines of the baseboards like no other. It picks every tiny particle from there.
You get a 3-in-1 docking system with the vacuum. Store the vacuum right there and simultaneously charge it.
Then you have the self-cleaning cycle. Press a button and self-clean the mop head. All is done in one place.
- Multiple surface cleaner with hand-free cleaning of the brush
- Runs for half an hour straight
- 3-in-1 docking system
- Easy edge cleaning
- Two separate tanks for clean and dirty water
- Leaves streaks
The perfect cleaning of the corners and along the baseboards is as easy as it is while cleaning the open space of the room.
3. TACKLIFE Professional Wet/Dry Vacuum
TACKLIFE corded wet/dry vacuum has a copper motor and a 5.5 peak HP suction power. The vacuum is capable of sucking every dirt particle from the surface you are standing on.
It is multi-functional and has a 4-layer filtration system. So not just wet and dry cleaning, you can try blowing on the dirt and mess. The dirt passes through an air cyclone diversion filter, and thick dust filter, then silencer sponge filter and finally outlet filter.
The vacuum comes with multiple attachments. Its 7ft hose, along with the two extension wands, covers quite a large area to clean.
Then you have a 10ft long cord. So, with it, you can almost clean the whole house at one go. To be precise, you get a 17ft working range. Other than that, you get a couch, a small flat suction, and a floor brush.
The long cleaning session also depends on the dirt tank, and it has a massive one. The 5-gallon polypropylene collection tank will take time to fill up.
- Copper motor and 5.5 peak HP suction power
- Corded vacuum with hose, wands, and attachment
- 4-layer filtration system
- 5-gallon polypropylene collection tank
- Dry, wet and blowing function
- A bit bulky
Its highlight is its 4-layer filtration system. All the dirt and debris pass through four layers, thus disappearing in thin air and ensuring a fresh, clean air to breath.
4. Tineco iFLOOR Hard Floors Vacuum and Mop
Clean any sealed hard floor with Tineco iFLOOR. It is a cordless vacuum cleaner. Without a break, for a whole 22 minutes, one can work with this wet dry vacuum. It is a complete cleaner.
The cordless feature allows you to reach every corner of the house, and the lightweight built helps to carry it up on the stairs and upstairs as well.
Instead of first vacuuming and then mopping, do both vacuuming and washing at the same time. In one easy step, you can clean the whole house. The one-step cleaning saves time and energy.
Here, you are not only getting this 3-in-1 cleaning tool but also getting a deodorizing and cleaning solution from the same brand.
It has a two-tank system. So, while one tank of water is getting dirty due to the picking of dirt, hair, and mess, the other tank has clean water to keep your floor shiny and fresh.
- Vacuum and wash at the same time
- Hands-free, self-cleaning of the brush roller
- Lightweight, apt for cleaning the stairs
- Runs for 22 minutes
- Spot mode for powerful stain cleaning
- Needed a bigger tank for clean water
No need to struggle with manual washing of the brush roller; rather, it comes with a storage tray. The moment you store it on the tray and hold the switch button for 3 seconds, the brush starts self-cleaning.
5. Roborock S5 Robot Vacuum and Mop
If you need a highly efficient hardwood vacuum and mop, then this is the best choice for you. Roborock S5 robotic vacuum and mop cleaner is highly efficient and can capture 99.2% of dust and allergens. It behaves robotically in its application that it recharges itself and automatically resume.
This cleaner has a very technological design to make cleaning easier. It has a carpet pressurization mode that automatically detects the carpet and automatically switch to the appropriate cleaning mode. The anti-collision sensors detect any obstacle and automatically slows down to keep your kid or pet safe.
- Robotic vacuum and mop cleaner have a battery capacity of 5200Mah.
- This vacuum and mop automatically recharges when it goes low of power and continues where it left with the cleaning hence a robotic working.
- The suction power of this cleaning material is very strong.
- With a mi home app, you can automatically send it to clean any spot when you are not within the room.
- The brushes are self-adjustable at a spinning rate of 330RPM when along the edge and 130RPM.
- It has an advanced climbing ability.
- Has a washable filter.
- Perfect for people with pets.
- Has a strong suction power.
- Easy to move from carpet to hardwood.
- It is cost effective.
- Doesn’t reach corners well.
- Burch gets clogged.
6. Bissell Symphony Pet Vacuum Cleaner and Mop
Are the pet messes making you freak out? Then we got you covered with this steam vacuum cleaner. It has a very powerful vacuum with a power rating of 1100 watts for steam and 400 watts for vacuum. This cleaner conveniently capture the pets hair and debris.
The design of this item is very professional and authentic. It suitably eliminates the bacteria and the germs to keep your health safe. Amazingly, it has the drop-IT technology that enables you to throw the pet messes away without having to reach to them.
- It is appropriate for cleaning pets messes due to the disposable mop pads.
- This cleaner is made of dry-technology to keep your dirt tank free from moisture.
- The scent discs keep any odor away.
- It has scent water to leave a fresh smell after cleaning.
- Bissell symphony cleaner for pet messes vacuums and steams your floor simultaneously.
- It has a very authentic design.
- Works well on different floors.
- Easy to empty the dirt tank.
- Cleans well and eliminates odors.
- Has a washable scrubby mop pad.
- Prevents moisture from the dirt tank.
- Easy to use and has a long cord.
- Complaints of leaks.
- Hard to grip the handle.
7. Roborock E25 Robot Vacuum Mop
Do you require multiple cleaning methods for your floor? If yes then roborock E25 robot vacuum cleaner can serve you best. It has multiple cleaning modes such as carpet, turbo quiet, and many more. It is a product of roborock company that confirms its robotic nature of recharging and resuming the cleaning process.
Roborock E25 has a technological design that makes it detect any obstacle and cross them. It has motion tracking sensors to allow the flow of water, which avoids puddling. With the dual-gyroscopes and motion tracking sensors, this vacuum cleaner monitors the direction, and it will adjust to match its previous path.
- The suctions of this robotic vacuum cleaner pulls all crumbs, pet messes, and lightweight debris.
- It has a very high intelligence for any complex environment without unexpectedly running out of power.
- The water tank only allows water to flow on condition there are some movements to prevent puddling.
- Roborock E25 vacuum cleaner slows down in case of an obstacle to avoid bumping on it.
- In case the charge is over, this cleaner automatically returns for recharging.
- Its brushes are made to be tangle-free.
- Offers effective and fast cleaning.
- Provide through mopping.
- Can detect carpet and increase suction.
- Has a washable filter.
- Designed with tangle-free brushes.
- Can cross obstacles when cleaning.
- Tough to connect the device via the app.
- The brush can miss dirt because they spin slow than the unit.
8. BISSELL Crosswave Pet Pro All in One Cleaner
Bissell crosswave pet pro dry wet vacuum cleaner is a multi-surface cleaner. It is effective on tiles, carpets, sealed wood, rubber floor mats, pressed wood, linoleum and many more. It has a tank capacity of 28oz and multi-surface pet formula that keeps away odors.
This cleaner has two tank technology design to prevent mixing of dirty and clean water. It has a cord length of 22ft that makes maneuverability possible. With touch button, it is possible to switch from washing your area rug to vacuuming.
- it has a tangle-free brush.
- the design of this vacuum cleaner enables separation of pet hair and large debris to prevent it from clogging.
- Bissell crosswave wet dry cleaner has two tank technology.
- It has a tank capacity of 28 oz.
- Can wash and vacuum your floors.
- Ideal if you have pets.
- Brushes are tangle-free.
- Designed with a separate pet hair strainer.
- Multi-surface vacuum cleaner.
- Has a great suction.
- Great cleaning but messy.
- Not good for long-haired pets.
9. Shark ZZ550 Sonic Duo Hard Floor Cleaner
Shark sonic duo carpet and hard floor come after a professional inspection and testing and replacement done to any defective parts which are very rare. Also, replacement or refund is available if the item does not meet the expectations within 90 days of your receipt.
This item weights are 18 pounds, making it very light. It has a simple but efficient design. The shark sonic duo carpet and hard floor cleaner make 1000 scrubs per minute hence very convenient and time-saving. This cleaner has two scrub modes to serve both hard floor and carpet with a polish solution and spot remover.
- This cleaner makes 1000scrubs per minute.
- It has washable pads for carpet and hard floor cleaning.
- The cleaning solution is nontoxic therefore very safe for your family.
- The swivel steering’s in this cleaner facilitates easy maneuverability.
- Shark sonic duo carpet and hard floor cleaner comes with a warranty.
- Has washable microfiber pads.
- Great for families with pets.
- Light making it easy to lift.
- Provides thorough cleaning.
- Has a swivel steering head.
- No negative reviews so far.
10. ILIFE V8s Robotic Vacuum and Mop
A self-recharging vacuum cleaner makes the best vacuum cleaner. ILFE V8 robot vacuum cleaner is self-recharging with a large dustbin of 750ml. the v8s vacuums are very reliable and efficiently damp mops the floor for simple cleaning.
The design of this vacuum cleaner makes use of the latest technology. It is programmable; thus, you can set a cleaning schedule of your choice. The self-adjusting suction channel in this item has a high strength to pick up pets hair on hard floors.
- It has a large dustbin and water tank for through mopping.
- This vacuum cleaner is programmable thus you can set a cleaning time.
- The LCD gives a quick response to your commands.
- Mopping is very efficient with this vacuum cleaner because it has 3-speed water-dropping control.
- Has a high suction.
- You can customize cleaning schedule.
- Designed with a large water tank.
- LCD display making it easy to read icons.
- Works well on pet hair.
- Offer a quiet operation.
- It is hard to find charging base.
- Doesn’t sence obstacles so you need to remove things like cables or rugs.
Best Hardwood Floor Vacuum And Steamer Buying Guide
There are many things you should put in consideration for the best hardwood floor vacuum and mop which includes;
The constructing material of the vacuum cleaner should be highly durable and lightweight. It is to ensure that the vacuum cleaner serves you for a long time and has enhanced portability to avoid unnecessary fatigue while assembling and operating it.
The tank capacity determines the amount of clean and dirty water the vacuum cleaner. Also, the dustbin capacity is vital to decide on how much it will hold before preempting. To choose a vacuum cleaner with the appropriate capacity, you can consider the cleaning region.
The power rating of the vacuum cleaner
The power rating of the vacuum cleaner should be equitable to the size of the cleaning area. If you need your cleaning in a small area, you can purchase a vacuum cleaner with a smaller rating. Also, choose a high power-rating vacuum cleaner for a large cleaning size.
Appropriate filtration system
The filtration system should be reliable, especially for asthma and allergy sufferers. In such a case a HEPA filtration is recommendable because it cleans the air while you are cleaning the house.
If you have a tight schedule, a programmable vacuum cleaner will suit you well. With a programmable vacuum cleaner, you will only have to select the cleaning period, and the vacuum cleaner automatically starts when the time arrives.
The complexity of your room
With a complex room that has a lot of obstacles ensure that the vacuum cleaner has the obstacle sensors. The obstacle sensors sense the obstacle and slow down to avoid bumping on the obstacles. Obstacle sensors will keep your kids and pets very safe.
Price is an important factor to consider, and it should be very affordable and realistic. Note that a high price does not equate to the best hardwood floor vacuum cleaner. Again, poor prices may be an indication of vacuum cleaners that have a poor construction. Ensure that you use your money for the best vacuum cleaner.
Wet or dry vacuum
Wet vacuum cleaners have a waterproof can to keep them safe hence can be a good choice for surfaces that have wet spills incidences. The dry vacuum cleaner does not have the waterproof can hence to be taken only for dry surfaces.
Which is the application of the vacuum cleaner? Is it indoor, house, car or outdoors? Like any other item, vacuum cleaners design is in consideration to their application hence have the appropriate vacuum cleaner to avoid inconveniences.
In a nutshell, to keep the elegant finishing your hardwood floor, you need the best vacuum cleaner. To get the efficient vacuum cleaner, you can put the above factors in consideration and then select the amazingly designed vacuum cleaners that I have given as a suggestion for you.
The power rating of the vacuum cleaner is very vital to ensure it conveniently covers the cleaning region. The constructing material also determines the vacuum cleaner durability; hence, should be very durable.
Note the higher effort you put on your choice of the cleaning material, the simpler the cleaning process. Ensure you settle for the best hardwood floor vacuum and mop to avoid any future disappointments and regrets.