If you own an above ground pool but you really hate cleaning it, this is one article that is sure to pay you to read it. After all, if your pool is like most, yours has probably not seen too much action over the past few months and, as a result, it is now filled with leaves, dirt, and other debris. So, what is the best pool vacuum and easiest way to clean your above ground pool so that it is a summertime picture of perfection and ready to use at a moment’s notice? An automatic robotic best above ground pool vacuum, of course. Not only is a pool vacuum the best, but they are an economical choice as well. Just pick the one that is best for you. The good news is that whichever product you pick, chances are that it will be good as well as worth the investment.
- 1 7 Best Above Ground Pool Vacuum Reviews 2020
- 1.1 Dolphin Escape Robotic Above Ground Pool Cleaner
- 1.2 Zodiac Ranger Suction Side Automatic Above-Ground Cleaner
- 1.3 Hayward 900 Wanda the Whale Above-Ground Automatic Pool Cleaner
- 1.4 Pentair K50600 Kreepy Krauly E-Z Vac Suction-Side Cleaner Blue/White
- 1.5 Smartpool NC22 SmartKleen-Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 1.6 Aquabot APRVJR Pool Rover Junior Robotic Above Ground Pool Cleaner Reviews
- 1.7 Pool Rover S2 40, US, JET, 115VAC/48VDC, BLUE
7 Best Above Ground Pool Vacuum Reviews 2020
Dolphin Escape Robotic Above Ground Pool Cleaner
Are you tired of running your automatic pool cleaner only to find that bottom and sides of your pool are still covered with a thin layer of scum and dirt? You won’t find that after you have run your Dolphin Escape Pool Cleaner, which is designed to eliminate that.
The Dolphin Escape features its patented HyperBrush technology which scrubs the sides and bottom of your above ground pool. It is also outfitted a dual 24-volt DC efficiency motor, which makes short work of cleaning your pool like no other. It is also lightweight and is ergonomically designed to make it easy to use. And with its 1.5-hour cleaning cycle, you know that when the Dolphin Escape is done, your pool has been thoroughly cleaned and is ready for use. And at 9.9 pounds, this one is light enough to move around easily where your pool really needs to be cleaned.
- Designed for easy carry and use.
- Given the amount of time for this vacuum to operate, it is very efficient.
- Does not run off of your pump or booster pump.
- Needs an upgrade filter to pick up finer particles.
- This cleaner was built to use on above ground pools, but it also works very well with in-ground pools.
- This cleaner works faster than probably any vacuum on the market today.
- Give this cleaner a chance since if your pool hasn’t been cleaned in a while, chances are good that it is extra dirty and needs to be cleaned over an extended period.
Zodiac Ranger Suction Side Automatic Above-Ground Cleaner
Are you tired of all the technical glitches and hiccups that come with your current above ground pool cleaner? You can tell all of those issues good-bye with the Zodiac Ranger Suction Side Automatic Above-Ground Cleaner. Not only does this cleaner do the job right, there are no moving parts that will make anything go wrong.
Are you tired of all the whirring and flapping of your pool cleaning vacuum? That problem will be a thing of the past with your Zodiac Ranger, that with one part not only cleans your above ground pool like few others, but won’t get stuck on anything sticking out from the sides of your pool such as steps, ladders, and corners. Attached deflector also helps the vacuum to glide effortlessly across the bottom of your pool.
The 32’ long hose lets the head of your vacuum be in control and eliminates the chances that it will get stuck and disappoint you that the job isn’t done when you are ready to get in. Patented valves also help to regulate the flow of water to make sure that every square inch of your pool is clean. The Zodiac Ranger Suction Side Automatic Above-Ground Cleaner comes preassembled and ready to use.
- Efficient vacuuming with hardly any noise, making it the perfect system for out of doors living.
- Some users have complained that the Zodiac Ranger Suction Side Automatic Above-Ground Cleaner won’t connect to their filtration system.
- Make sure that all of the connections are secure, otherwise the system will seem like it isn’t working.
- The Zodiac Ranger Suction Side Automatic Above-Ground Cleaner is designed to be used without a skimmer basket. Attempting to use a skimmer basket on the cleaner will result in the system shutting down.
Hayward 900 Wanda the Whale Above-Ground Automatic Pool Cleaner
The Hayward 900 Wanda is one of the few automatic pool cleaners that actually depends on a turbine/gear system to work, but if you consider this a must-have for a cleaner, this one is one of the best all-around vacuums on the market today.
The Hayward Wanda is one vacuum that is likely to keep kids as well as adults busy watching as it skips across the bottom of your above ground pool, whirring flawlessly as it moves along in precise patterns and picking up everything in its path. It is intended to be permanently installed into your filtration system. As a result, it cannot be readily uninstalled for storage, but for a more permanent system it operates very well. In fact, it requires no additional booster pump to work. All you need to do is to plug it in and turn it on. The Hayward also acts like a circulation system, keeping your pool clean.
- Fun and easy to use.
- Excellent for use when your priority is circulation as well as cleanliness.
- The Hayward 900 Wanda is meant to be installed as a permanent part of your pool’s filtration/ cleaning system. It is not readily uninstalled and stored like other brands.
- Hayward 900 Wanda is a fun system to own and operate since the comical character that makes it up is fun to watch for both kids and adults. It operates well and the operation also acts as a circulation system to keep your pool cleaner longer.
Pentair K50600 Kreepy Krauly E-Z Vac Suction-Side Cleaner Blue/White
The Pentair K50600 Kreepy Krauly relies on hydraulics to operate instead of lots of moving parts, which makes this one a clean and efficient system that won’t break down and need new parts and repairs.
For ease of operation, efficiency of movement, and virtually no concerns over repairs, the Pentair K50600 Kreepy Krauly Pool Cleaner is an excellent value for the money. Operating on hydraulics and a form sweeper as opposed to lots of moving parts, the Pentair Kreepy Krauly sweeps in totally random patterns to get all of your pool as clean as it can get. The method of operation also allows it to be used on any shape or sized pool, and even in-ground pools. Relies on your pool’s pump and skimmer to operate. All of this gives you more time to use your pool instead of worrying about the time. Everything about the Pentair spells remarkable convenience and efficiency.
- Works well in any size pool.
- No moving parts means less to go wrong and in need of repairs.
- Only works with your pool’s skimmer. If there is no skimmer, this product won’t work.
The Pentair K50600 is a product that has become very popular due to the fact that it is very efficient and easy to use. It requires very little monitoring for it to continue operating by itself. The lack of maintenance required also makes it very popular.
Smartpool NC22 SmartKleen-Robotic Pool Cleaner
To most people, the Smartpool NC22 SmartKleen looks a lot like a tank, or at least a canister vacuum cleaner, but whatever it looks like, it has become known as a very reliable product that keeps pools clean, regardless of the set up. It is built on a powerful track, which allows it to access walls as well as the bottom of practically any pool.
If you are looking for an above ground pool vacuum that really packs on the performance, the Smartpool NC22 SmartKleen is one you need to seriously consider. It doesn’t take much more than a look to see that it is powerfully built, allowing it to go practically anywhere without much effort. There are no tracks on the Smartpool SmartKleen, which makes it different than most. But the wheels on the bottom of this one allow it to be sure-footed anywhere it goes to. But don’t be concerned about the tracking, since wherever it needs to go, it will go, including around stairs, ladders, and anywhere else it needs to be.
Don’t be concerned about its bulk. Watching it only once will prove that it is up to practically anything you put it through. And whatever you might have this one pick up on the bottom of your pool, it can handle the job.
- The Smartpool NC22 has lots of power, which can not only propel it well, but it will pick up anything on the bottom or sides of your pool.
- Some customer comments that there are issues with the reliability of the product to continue working after a time.
The Smartpool NC22 is a high performance above ground pool vacuum that has enjoyed considerable accolades for its work. Once you start using it, however, you should make sure that it has no issues with your pool that keep it from working. After it has proven that there are no problems, it will be good for the long haul.
Aquabot APRVJR Pool Rover Junior Robotic Above Ground Pool Cleaner Reviews
Regardless of the shape or size of your pool, the Aquabot APRVJR Pool Rover is known as being one product that will cover the surface to be cleaned in less than one hour.
If you are looking for an above-ground pool cleaner than is tough, the Aquabot APRVJR Pool Rover might be just the tool for you. Just one look will convince you that this is one tough machine that is hard, if not impossible to stop on its job of cleaning your pool, without delay. Not only that, but it uses only a 40-foot floating cable to do the job. Further, the fine knit bag inside will hold practically anything you pick up in the job. It is powered by a 24-volt motor that works at the touch of a button. And It will also turn off when it is finished, saving you money and time. The Aquabot APRVJR also filters nearly 70 gallons of water per minute. It will give you a cleaner pool and more power. All you have to do is turn it on and let it go.
- Features a powerful 24-volt motor that will take it everywhere in your pool that needs to be cleaned. It even turns itself off when the job is done, saving you money on power.
- Some users have had issues with the Aquabot APRVJR Pool Rover Junior Robotic Above-Ground Pool Cleaner stopping when the bag is full. Just be sure that you keep it empty.
The Aquabot APRVJR has enjoyed a history of reliable service to everyone pool owner that has invested in it. The one downside that is reported is that it tends to stop when the debris bag is full. Keep it empty and you should have no trouble.
Pool Rover S2 40, US, JET, 115VAC/48VDC, BLUE
The Pool Rover is one above-ground pool vacuum that is on the pricier side, but in terms of quality. In fact, it’s simple design might be deceptive for the power it can deliver when cleaning your pool.
The Pool Rover S2 40 is one of the more expensive above ground pool vacuums, but for power. There are few that deliver as well as this one does. Not only does it work hard, but it goes over a pool’s bottom as well as scaling sides like a champ. It has a two micro filter bag that allows it to pick up anything in your pool. And in terms of suction, the Pool Rover drives more than 80 gallons per minute, so there are few that can beat it. It has a 50 foot cable that can draw from a convenient power supply. It has both 1- and two-hour cycle options, so regardless of how dirty your pool is. The Pool Rover will be able to handle the job quickly, efficiently, and economically.
- Features a power supply that is plenty powerful for your pool cleaning needs. Also, it drives more than 80 gallons of water per minute, meaning it will get your pool clean.
- Tends to skip some areas on walls of certain pools.
The Pool Rover has a good reputation for above ground pool cleaners. This is true not only for its power, but for the length and breadth of pools. It will cover with its abilities. The Pool Rover is so efficient that it needs fewer chemicals to keep a pool clean.
How to Choose the Best Above Ground Pool Vacuum
Choosing the best above ground pool cleaner can be very tricky. This is true not only because of the equipment itself, but because of the pool that you own and support equipment that you might have operating. There aren’t a lot of variations in above ground pools that go beyond the capabilities of most vacuums. There can be certain issues in the makeup of the pools themselves (such as wrinkles) than can cause problems. On the whole, however, makers have done a good job of addressing these problems and have gone a long way in fixing these. As a result, when you select a vacuum you should be able to rely to a great extent on personal preferences and your own tastes to make a good selection.
The good news in all of this is that regardless of the features you desire in a pool vacuum, price usually plays only a minimal difference in evaluating which product is best for you since there is a general range that all of them fall into. Do you shopping with your feature requirements in mind, but let the price fall where it may. Regardless, you will be getting a good product for your money.
Which Above Ground Pool Cleaner is Best for You?
Selecting the best above ground pool vacuum that is best for you is, just like choose the best is tricky. There are several criteria that should be considered. Among these are the capabilities of the equipment compared to the pool you own. When you select a vacuum for your pool, you should make sure that it fits the size and contours of your pool. Beyond these issues, the vacuum that is best for you is based primarily on your experience over time.